Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Welsh Wizard View Post
    Any of those suitable for container planting?
    Most probably they will be on rootstocks that would eventually make them grow to about 10ft height and spread (depending on soil quality and rainfall).

But if you prune them very hard every year, in early-mid august (cut back all new growth to just a few new leaves), you should be able to keep them in containers for many years. Due to the strong rootstocks, they may be best not fed too much!
    You may want to winter-prune then for the first couple of years, to get a good framework going that will produce a nice shaped bush in later years.

You could easily pay four times as much for one on a pot-sized rootstock (e.g. M27), so it's probably worth a go trying to hard prune these cheapies.

Comment

Originally posted by allotmentlady View Post
      thanks lynda, i will pop into instore tomorrow and have a looksie, need to find some plum trees
      from memory (not very good) they had bramleys, a couple of eating apples, morello cherries, a couple of pears and plums either 1 or 2 types, but cant remember the types

Comment

Originally posted by FB. View Post

You could easily pay four times as much for one on a pot-sized rootstock (e.g. M27), so it's probably worth a go trying to hard prune these cheapies.
        i'm planning on putting some in pots this year, cos i don't know where their final position will be yet, and i don't want to plant em, then have to dig them up cos they are in the wrong place, so hopefully they will be ok

Comment

Seed/Plant Deals

Not sure where to post this but yesterday I went to my local FOCUS and they are having a clearance of plants right now, also all their seeds, potatos, and bulbs are out too. Many of teh bulbs were 3 for a £5 and rootstocks of roses, soft fruits are also 3 for a £5.

If anyone is near a Lidls too they have seeds there for 29p each, Large herb plant pots for under £3, and seeds with tray and soil for 77p each. Go check them out I did and it lifted my winter gloom right away
          Peaceful days are in the garden!

Comment

I daren't buy any more seeds I'm already snowed under with far more than I'll ever use I'm sure. Thanks for the info though
            My girls found their way into my heart and now they nest there

Comment

Wow, what great deals! I got some pretty cheap seeds through our lottie association (about half price), but those are very good prices indeed! I have everything I need for the year now, pretty much, but I'll be bookmarking the site for next year

Comment

thease sell seeds starting at 1p each and a good variety as well,
                Garden Seeds - the only UK vegetable seed site you'll ever need.

Comment

It's the same varieties in Lidl as last autumn. Very little information with them and even if you buy all the apple tree varieties you'll need another pollinator but I bought some cheap last time and will buy another of whatever variety some other time to go with them to form the fruiting set - although this does depend on if they are correctly labelled which has been a problem in the past on bargain plants.

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

Just looked at the web site (Moreveg U.K. vegetable seed company, herb seed, flower seed, calabrese seed, carrot seed, tomato seed, herb seed - Home) and read others comments - now rather sad that I have all the veg seeds I want for this year but will most probably order some next year.
                    Thank you
                    Don

Comment

• I just bought a bunch of seeds from Lidl. Veg seeds herb seeds and some flower seeds---- French Marigolds for the Greenhouse.

Thanks for posting the info and the dates as I would have missed it for sure.

I am now all set for the coming season!!!

Galileo

Comment

• At my local instore they were selling Bramley apple, Golden Delicious apple, Morello Cherry and Plum 'Opal' all for £5.00 each.

Morrisons are also selling red and black currants (very small) for about £2.00 and shrubs/roses.

Not long to spring now....wish this snow would go so I can go and finish my digging

Comment

• 3 tier mini growhouse £10.00 in morrisons at the moment,bought 2 and spent this evening arguing with oh about where they're going
                          don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
                          remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

• Originally posted by Digger Don View Post
                            Just looked at the web site (Moreveg U.K. vegetable seed company, herb seed, flower seed, calabrese seed, carrot seed, tomato seed, herb seed - Home) and read others comments - now rather sad that I have all the veg seeds I want for this year but will most probably order some next year.
                            Thank you
                            Don
                            Had some seed from moreveg last year,i found germination excellent and customer service good,that good i ordered some more this year.ps. sold in small packets so no waste and reasonably priced too.

Comment

• Cheap seeds

A very good morning to you all,

Just wanted to let you all know that I was having a look around one of my local £1 shops in leeds and stumbled accross packets of seeds with 6 different vegetables in for a £1, if I remember properly there were 4 different types, from salads, herbs mediteranian and general veg' with carrots cauli's and the such in it. anyway thought I would share that with you,

Oh they also had fruit bushes in for a £1 I think they only had red currents and rasps.

All the best

Dave

Comment

• I found a wooden slatted compost bin for (starting bid) £6.99 on Ebay with £7.95 delivery. Cheapest I have ever seen. Seems she has a supply and continuously places them on Ebay. Doesn’t seem to have had any bids/sales before so I am hoping to get three for £6.99 each. I emailed her and postage & packing is only £5.95 for 2nd & subsequent purchases. Sorry, can’t remember sellers details-am at work and Ebay is blocked! Just do a search for compost bin. Also, I was looking at plastic pots for my new Blueberries in B & Q (the new store). They had a plastic terracotta colour pot marked at 48p yet the size smaller was £2.48! I think it was Slotz Round Pot Terracotta 40cm. This is on B &Q website for £1.48, save £1. Again, sorry, but can’t remember details. If you are interested, I have the details at home, so PM me and I will let you know.
                                You know you're a hard nosed gardener when you pull the weeds from others plots!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X