No announcement yet.

Seed sales and all round good offers.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop tempting me!! Had promised myself that apart from spuds was buying nothing else, as have loads of seeds and still need to build another bed for the beg finish laying slabs which I started today then clear old lawn area and create beds for all the flower seeds I have, vowed no fruit till next year then my aunt gives us a fig, blueberry and olive, saw raspberry and blackbeery at £1.50 and now this lot!!

Comment

Thanks for letting us know about the bargains- there's an instore just down the street so will keep an eye out for new arrivals. I must say I'm surprised I've missed them!

Morello and stella are both self-fertile and good garden varieties to use. Stella is also a good pollinator for other cherry trees anyway so they should be fine as far as I know....I'd be buying if I had the space!

Comment

Instore also had Onion & Shallot sets for 99p.
        Jane,
        keen but (slightly less) clueless
        http://janesvegpatch.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie View Post
          Instore also had Onion & Shallot sets for 99p.
          I know they seem good value and I've bought a red and normal coloured pack of shallots and and some white onion sets.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

i've been thinking about buying a few sets too, cos my onions from seeds look like they will take another 6 months to get edible, as the set onions are bigger lol. They have been in the ground since july.
            Last edited by lynda66; 29-01-2009, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Quite fancy the cherry, victoria plum and pear too.
              I bought the cherry and plum trees last year but they didn't survive. I'm not sure if I planted them out too early though. Maybe I should of planted them in Mid April?!

Now many seasons pass before the possiblity of a fruitful crop?! Just realised they had fruit fertiliser (organic) for £3.00 in B&Q. A bargain. Might have to go and see if there is any left....

Where will I put my trees?!

Comment

50p seeds

found this website, small quantities of veg and herb seeds for 50p, postage free over £5.00, 85p under. Not ordered from them but am tempted.

Moreveg U.K. vegetable seed company, herb seed, flowe seed, calabrese seed, carrot seed, tomato seed, herb seed - Home

Comment

I bought from these guys earlier as a result of a small comment about the company in Jan's mag.

It's a small company with the human touch. They send me the wrong thing with one item in my order, and responded so well to my email about it that they now have a customer for life - I really liked their attitude.

Its a godsend for my small patch. These are half sized seed packets in small plastic pouches - so no wastage, easily stored, and a good selection of varieties to try. I spent half the sum I thought I would have to this year and got more choice as well - good news eh?

Check out the cheap cucumbers seeds [aren't they expensive nowadays?] There is just enough supplied, and cheap enough to have a couple of varieties. Anything expensive is just too expensive to try sometimes but not with this company.

Their chillies and aubergines are already growing well so I think I made the right decision.

How many packets of seeds would you normally get for £5.00?

Ann

Comment

As Norman who is really Ann? says I purchased 5 squids worth! The only problem is not letting yourself be overwhelmed as at 50p a packet you could quite easy get carried away.
                    From what I remember, a good firm to deal with, fast delivery, cheap product and good customer service................what more could you want?
                    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

I got lettuce (2 types) celtuce and sweetcorn seeds from this company last year. 100% germination success. The small quantities are much better than paying over the odds for a packet of 200+ seeds that I would never be able to use before they went "stale".

I would definitely recommend them!

Best wishes

Oleander
                      Never say never!

Comment

Another new customer here I think - just had a look and was impressed, which, together with folks favourable comments, has made me want to give them a go. Thanks for the tip, Poozie!
                        Life is brief and very fragile, do that which makes you happy.

Comment

Any of those suitable for container planting?

Comment

I`ve just spent £15 and brought all my seeds for this year. What a great idea selling smaller packets. I can`t wait to get them. Great site thanks for the tip Poozie.
                            I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Comment

Originally posted by lynda66 View Post
                              Choose from Jonagold, Cox’s Orange Pippin, Bramley apples, Stella cherry, Beurre Hardy pear, Conference pear, Victoria plum or Opal plum
                              Lidl Online they are in on 5th feb

there is also a good variety at poundstretcher in now
                              thanks lynda, i will pop into instore tomorrow and have a looksie, need to find some plum trees
                              Dont worry about tomorrow, live for today

Comment

ive just spent £5.75 on veg, herbs, squashes. bring on the spring. can't wait.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X