Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good luck SP - mine were going to go out in the blowaway but its blooming freezing in Leeds at the moment

Comment

• I'm still keeping mine in the conservatory at the moment, its too hot in there though tbh.. it was 35c in there yesterday with the door open :O

I planted my toms out but refuse to gamble with the chillies, they are number one priority lol
      Last edited by damian1225; 08-05-2017, 12:19 PM.

Comment

• Similar to Damian, most of my tomatoes are now in the greenhouse, but they will be more cool hardy than chillies.

Playing safe and keeping chillies indoors for now. They're not really getting enough light, but chillies are much less quick to get leggy than tomatoes. I'm hoping their root system is developing so they're ready to take off soon

Comment

• chenzo

Hello, new chilli grower here, I bought a few Chenzo chilli plants from a garden centre clearance shelf a few weeks ago which were looking pretty sorry for themselves. They've been growing great (I think..) on my sunny kitchen windowsill and are alot bigger but to me, still seem to need to grow a lot more. Anyhow, the last few days I've noticed a few flower buds starting to form, is it ok for them to be forming these while still growing? I've never grown chilli's before, just stuck with the standard tomatoes, strawbs, peas etc so have no idea what to expect from a chilli plant!

Comment

• Hi Magic

What size pot are they sat in?
            Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 08-05-2017, 06:00 PM.
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
              Good luck SP - mine were going to go out in the blowaway but its blooming freezing in Leeds at the moment
              What the he11 are you on about women!! the weather is glorious! A cold blooded beastie like myself is walking around in a t-shirt and is sunburnt. It's been like it for over a week .

Chillies potted on some into final pots. They are all looking happier already.
              A home made chilli grow experiment is also under way!

Comment

• Hi magic welcome to the vine and the slippery slope to chilli growing obsession

Comment

• They went into 5 inch pots a few days ago, have I been too slow potting them on?

Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20170508_19_20_13_Pro.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	87.3 KB
ID:	2372494

Did that photo work? If it has please ignore the state of the lawn behind...

Comment

• Originally posted by Small pumpkin View Post
                    What the he11 are you on about women!! the weather is glorious! A cold blooded beastie like myself is walking around in a t-shirt and is sunburnt. It's been like it for over a week .
                    Come have a visit here - you'll soon see!!

Comment

• Originally posted by magicmarigold View Post
                      They went into 5 inch pots a few days ago, have I been too slow potting them on?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]73344[/ATTACH]

Did that photo work? If it has please ignore the state of the lawn behind...
                      They look pretty healthy to me!

Although I had to Break my neck to look at em!
                      Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 09-05-2017, 04:58 PM.
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                        Ya Know what Scoot! I normally use "Bog Standard" Tomorite, But seems this "Chilli Focus" is the Bee's Knees, may need to invest!

I was thinking of using westlands growsure for both my tomatoes and chilli's.

Gro-Sure Tomato Food | Plant Food | Westland Garden Health | Westland Garden Health

Comment

• Originally posted by jackarmy View Post
                          chilli focus npk - 3.0 - 1.0 - 4.4

tomorite npk - 4.0 - 3.0 - 8.0

kinda speaks for itself i guess

Growth Technology - Chilli Focus 100ml

https://www.lovethegarden.com/produc...id-concentrate
                          This is even better in terms of NPK

Gro-Sure Tomato Food | Plant Food | Westland Garden Health | Westland Garden Health

6-3-10

Comment

• I shall leave them alone then. Sorry about the picture, no idea why its sideways!

I cant believe how fast they are coming on, looked at them today and I swear new leaves have appeared since yesterday.

Does anyone have experience growing chenzos? How big is the plant meant to get? I'm just wondering where on earth I'm going to fit 5 of them when they get bigger..

I normally like to research what I'm growing before I start, but I couldn't resist a 50p bargain...

Comment

• Hi MM and welcome
                              I don't grow chillies so I googled it and http://patio-edibles.com/pepper-hot/chenzo/

Comment

• Thanks veggiechicken that's perfect! And it says starts flowering when plant is small so that's put my mind at rest.

I'm growing quite a few different things this year, but for some reason I feel very protective of my chilli's...they looked so sad in the shop...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X