X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Philthy View Post
    Great

..Yes I hope you have more luck with Fatalii this year. Definitely worth persevering with that one. Needs a long season, but one of the best to overwinter so maybe go down that route ie. there'll be significantly more cropping time in subsequent years.
    I have never overwintered anything as yet, I need to try that for sure this year to get a head start for next year.. I will do my research and see if I can get some success.. I did get most started off in febuary to try and get going early but my prairie fires only got going last week but they should catch up and maybe just crop a bit later but im not too worried about those as they can stay inside in the warmth if needed

Comment

• My second reaper plant is just starting to fruit but it doesn't look like a reaper at all. The tiny fruits are bullet shaped rather than blobs. Doesn't even look Chinense, really. The plant itself looks the same as the other one with the gnarly blobby pods, so hopefully the pods will still be superhot even though they look wrong. If I had grown only the one plant, I would be very disappointed and think I'd got duff seed, but as it is, I've got one that looks about right (but no tail) and one wrong.

Lots of others just starting to pod up - Chenzo, chocolate habanero - I hope that one is true to type - Burkina yellow, market scotch bonnet.

Aleppo, Filius Blue and Golden cayenne starting to flower.

Most of them are desperate for potting up but I can hardly fit them on the windowsills in the pop bottles and no way would they fit on there in larger pots.
      Last edited by Mitzi; 04-05-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
        My second reaper plant is just starting to fruit but it doesn't look like a reaper at all. The tiny fruits are bullet shaped rather than blobs. Doesn't even look Chinense, really. The plant itself looks the same as the other one with the gnarly blobby pods, so hopefully the pods will still be superhot even though they look wrong. If I had grown only the one plant, I would be very disappointed and think I'd got duff seed, but as it is, I've got one that looks about right (but no tail) and one wrong.

Lots of others just starting to pod up - Chenzo, chocolate habanero - I hope that one is true to type - Burkina yellow, market scotch bonnet.

Aleppo, Filius Blue and Golden cayenne starting to flower.

Most of them are desperate for potting up but I can hardly fit them on the windowsills in the pop bottles and no way would they fit on there in larger pots.
        have you been removing the flowers Mitzi?

What size bottles are they in now? If they are starting to outgrow their current home, I find they start to flower "too" early and sometimes benefir from having these "early" flowers nipped off...imo
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0643 - Copy (2).jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2372456Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0643 - Copy.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	2372457Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0644.jpg
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	2372458

here's a few latest pics of my hydro chillis ,sorry for the blurry pics and yes the beer can is meant to be there so you can see the height of the plants ,cheers
          The Dude abides.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scoot View Post
            Mine all seem to be coming along nicely too.

I will probably put them into their final pots come next month.

Any ideas on good feeds for them for throughout the summer?
            Ya Know what Scoot! I normally use "Bog Standard" Tomorite, But seems this "Chilli Focus" is the Bee's Knees, may need to invest!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• chilli focus npk - 3.0 - 1.0 - 4.4

tomorite npk - 4.0 - 3.0 - 8.0

kinda speaks for itself i guess

Growth Technology - Chilli Focus 100ml

https://www.lovethegarden.com/produc...id-concentrate
              Last edited by jackarmy; 05-05-2017, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Hey Deano, whilst im here , slightly off topic but how did you grow your rosella ?. im looking at one in a mfb and one in a 25 l pot as a comparison .
                Last edited by jackarmy; 05-05-2017, 08:42 PM.

Comment

• Jack! I think you be "Safe n sound" I'm just a "Stickler" for tidiness, call it OCD,

But a 10 inch pot will be sound!
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• ok cool, sounds good , looking forward to trying them as i have no black cherry this year

Comment

• Jack! Honest! You won't be disappointed!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                        What size bottles are they in now? If they are starting to outgrow their current home, I find they start to flower "too" early and sometimes benefir from having these "early" flowers nipped off...imo
                        Yes,I agree. If a plant flowers on a small plant it is usually down to stress, pick them off and pot on before you let them flower. Give the plant time to grow first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                          Pot them up and get them inthe green house? My indoor plants will often hit the ceiling they get stretched due to lack of light even though they are in a bay window and are often super huge!
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	2372462

Comment

• Originally posted by the big lebowski View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]73291[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73292[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]73293[/ATTACH]

here's a few latest pics of my hydro chillis ,sorry for the blurry pics and yes the beer can is meant to be there so you can see the height of the plants ,cheers
                            Chillis look very good - but Fosters??? Each to their own but I'll be taking your home brew advice with a pinch of salt
                            https://youtu.be/pSOR2jGv2uc
                            sigpic
                            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• ,yes i know not everyones choice ,its a nice drink to start off with before you hit the proper stuff ,cheers
                              Last edited by the big lebowski; 05-05-2017, 09:50 PM.
                              The Dude abides.

Comment

• I've done it all my chillies went out to the polytunnel yesterday!!!
                                They will all get potted on, some flowers removed and fed today.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X