Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

salad leaves, spring onions, rocket, spinach, courgette.

And my first yellow beetroot and it tasted of water! did not enjoy it, but the tops were lovely.
    I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

A pasta bake is calling, I think
      Attached Files
      I grow 70% for us and 30% for the snails, then the neighbours eats them

sigpic

Comment

PSB, fennel(very small bulbs and fern shooting out from last years dead wood- currently3 inches and about 2 cm across fronds another 4 inches, not sure if they are growing off it or are self seeded) and celery.
        No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Spring onions, chives, lettuce, chard and some Kale florets that haven't gone to seed yet.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

My first crop from the pots in the back garden - radishes!

Comment

Discovered some more wsb plants,psb, some much neglected leeks, a nicely hearted hispi-like cabbage and my last(I think) parsnip. All fabulous with roast pheasant and bread sauce!

PSB and salads on the nights not posted this week.
              No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

PSB and some bolted purple cape caulis that also looked like PSB, leeks and mangetout (6) All cooked together with one of last year's saved squashes and a hefty dollop of plum chutney, as I'd run out of soy sauce.
                Jolly tasty it was too

Comment

Yet more PSB, leeks, a huge winter gem lettuce from the greenhouse, mizuna (bolting), red veined spinach, namenia, chervil and some celeriac thinnings, plus 10 peas from the plants on my windowsill.
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Sunday-lettuce and rocket.
                    Monday- celery, psb, kale sprouts, leeks, parsley.
                    Today- scorzenera( almost dug to Australia), parsley, psb and leeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
                      Yet more PSB, leeks, a huge winter gem lettuce from the greenhouse, mizuna (bolting), red veined spinach, namenia, chervil and some celeriac thinnings, plus 10 peas from the plants on my windowsill.
                      What is namenia? Please excuse my ignorance, I am very new at this gardening lark.

Comment

Psb, radishes and chard.

Comment

Savoy cabbage, flat leaves parsley and carrots - all from the polytunnel. Made a tasty cabbage galette with for dinner.

Comment

Lettuce, chives, Chard, spinach and some parsley.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
                              What is namenia? Please excuse my ignorance, I am very new at this gardening lark.
                              A type of salad leaf
                              Does a bag of tomato, garlic and onion sauce from the freezer count? making lasagne tonight for the boys tea.

Comment

Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
                                As Scarlet says, its a salad leaf - a brassica which has a pleasant, mild taste. This is the first year I've grown it, starting in the cold frame in March just scattered in a 12 inch square pot. I just pick the leaves as I need them:

Attached Files
                                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X