Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early Komatsuna has been a great success. Biggest ever!

Attached Files
    Death to all slugs!

Comment

Originally posted by unclefudgly View Post
      Early Komatsuna has been a great success. Biggest ever!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55393[/ATTACH]
      Wow, I planted some ouside in a seed bed in early Feb- Tai sai good but komatsuna hasn't germinated- will sow some more tomorrow.
      No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Lettuce, rocket,endive, spring greens and- you guessed it-purple sprouting!
        No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

Originally posted by Penellype View Post
          As Scarlet says, its a salad leaf - a brassica which has a pleasant, mild taste. This is the first year I've grown it, starting in the cold frame in March just scattered in a 12 inch square pot. I just pick the leaves as I need them:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]55362[/ATTACH]
          They look lovely, will look out for seed.

Comment

Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
            They look lovely, will look out for seed.
            Mine came from Harlow Carr Gardens in Harrogate, Suffolk Herbs is the name on the packet.
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

Savoy shoots- delicious with bacon and egg for lunch. PSB, kale shoots, chard and parsley.

Comment

Rhubarb (destined for the freezer) and Hispi cabbage for dinner (trying to clear a polytunnel bed).

Comment

Baby fennel, lettuce, endive, chard, radishes, rocket, spring green,PSB and WSB.

Comment

Forgot the greek cress. Pity more didn't germinate- it is delicious. Sowed more today.

Comment

• Lettuce and a couple of container grown Leeks, just 2 more left then that's it until this years are ready.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I have just harvested my first peas. Douce Provence is the variety from Sowseeds. These will be lovely with our fish pie.
                        Attached Files
                        Just think happy thoughts

Comment

• Two onions, didn't think to take a photo. They were roasted in with our spuds. Lovely
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• A dozen radishes (first of the year) grown outdoors. A handful of rocket leaves (self seeded from last years plants) and lettuce that was tiny last Autumn and which I left in the ground and is now a decent size and has survived the Winter weather. (mixed seed)

Comment

• Kale & Spinach

Comment

• PSB, Brocolli Raab, Bright Lights Chard, Celeriac and a Winter Density Lettuce.
                                What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
                                Pumpkin pi.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X