Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asparagus, some to share with my son and my mum!

Comment

• Spring greens and psb to have with roast chicken tonight. Even my wellies are soaked through!
      No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Tatties!!!

Went to water my friend's greenhouse this evening and couldn't resist having a furtle in one of my bags of Rocket potatoes (planted in February). They have flowered but I was expecting marble sized tubers at best. Came up with these 2 with very little effort:

Teaspoon added for size comparison.

Not sure why I am surprised but I am. Not had fresh tatties since January - these 2 are cooking as I write.

Yummmm
        Attached Files
        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Mizuna, pak choi, tai sai, rocket, fennel, lettuce,beetroot and PSB.
          No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• The last of my PSB. I've uprooted the plants now so can soon put in some carrots and parsnips.

Comment

• Tai sai, pak choi, spring greens for me and lettuce, rocket and mizuna for a friend.

Comment

• Vivaldi potatoes

Well, I just couldn't resist it I took my little hand fork and very carefully moved some soil away from my Vivaldi potatoes that were planted on 3rd March. And what did I find? YAY! A lovely handful of new potatoes to go with our supper tonight - along with peas, carrots and cabbage from the garden also. It has taken 5 years to get the soil from white, hard baked yucky stuff to something that veggies are obviously happy in - I am just so chuffed
                Just think happy thoughts

Comment

• One of the absolute delights of spring - a bowlful of big, soft, freshly picked spinach leaves

Teaspoon included for size comparison.
                  Attached Files
                  A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Well it was last Friday - but I forgot to post it - first Cuc Passandra in the unheated GH - well chuffed - nice flavour thin skin - 2 more ready and more on the way.

Comment

• Wow, my cucs haven't even appeared above the compost yet! I think they are sulking.

Comment

• PSB and rhubarb. You're right about the spinach, Pen! Can just about see a glimmer of green on my cucumbers through compost.

Comment

• Lettuce various, rocket,basil and endive.

Comment

• Lettuce,rocket, mizuna, mibuna, basil,mispoona and a large bag of pak choi for my daughter.

Comment

• My one and only beetroot that survived! It's not the size it's meant to be but it's better then nothing
                              Carrie

Comment

• Last of the winter spinach

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X