Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished digging over the first bed on our plot, and planted out the main crop tatties.

I feel like I want to type that in All Caps, because I'm shouting it in my head....

Woot!

Comment

• Weeding, weeding weeding. Oh planted out my Leeks, then weeding, weeding, weeding
      What do you get if you divide the circumference of a pumpkin by its diameter?
      Pumpkin pi.

Comment

• potting on and trying to save the life of my 4 mamande toms.
        Recently built a greenhouse and it sprung a leak drenching my four beuts, havent been the same since, bout a week ago.
        repotted today and i swear i can visibly see a differnce , purple phased back a tad

Comment

• Weeding and watering.

Have a lovely thick row of dark green,serrated leaved seedlings that i mistakenly thought were kale, realised today that I am actually on my way to a lovely crop of mispoona!
          No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Major reshuffle time, as I have potted up the courgettes and tomatoes and now I have a log jam:
            Propagator is full of beans and cucumbers which will be germinating soon
            Grow lights are full of tomatoes and courgettes which will soon want to go on the windowsills
            Windowsills are full of tomatoes, lettuces and beans waiting to go outside
            Got a tray of peas sitting on a chair and a pot of parsley sitting on top of the kitchen bin (!)
            Growhouse if full of potatoes, strawberries, cabbages and peas being hardened off
            Cold frame and cloches full of potatoes, bedding plants and other things being hardened off
            Garage is full of more potatoes and nasturtiums being protected from the cold.

Need to move the cabbages, calabrese etc outside so I can put some tomatoes and beans in the growhouse to make room so I can plant my broccoli and melons but I daren't while it is forecast to freeze.

Spent a lot of the day uncovering stuff, moving stuff so that it was easier to cover (mainly strawberries) and covering it up again. Used a whole packet of clothes pegs anchoring fleece to things. Also harvested salads, broccoli, spinach and a couple of Rocket potatoes, and noticed that a couple of strawberries that have been in my friend's greenhouse are turning red
            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Harvested the first "Sutton" broad beans, more peas and strawberries. Planted another gooseberry bush. Also planted 2 more "Moneymaker" aubergines and 3 red peppers "Marconi Red".
              Just think happy thoughts

Comment

• I had a busy day yesterday. Baked and decorated a cake for last night as a friend from the badminton club was celebrating his 60th. Also getting the balloons and decorations and sorted out the present we all at the club collected for. Lovely night there was 16 of us from the club out last night after our games. We went to a great restaurant where service was good.
                Proud of cake here is photo.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Did a bit "Early Doors"

Beet root out, sweetcorn out, now in the "Lap of the Gods" here ya go, weeds n all! That time of year, ya see! Not that inadequate, I grow weeds too!

But on a "Plus Note" a clear indication time for stuff to get planted out! And I have a few!

Right! Off to soak in "Goats Milk" for an hour! Good enough for "Cleopatra" good enough for me! (Liar! Good old Yorkshire water)

Then gunna have a few hours in the back yard enjoying the sunshine n birdsong! n try sort this lot!

Weekends off! Love em!
                  Attached Files
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Dug over the patch intended for the four year old's bean teepee. Happy.

Comment

• I had a lovely afternoon down the allotment in the warm sunshine. I planted out some dwarf French beans (bit risky), some cauliflowers, kale and Brussels. Put some straw under the strawberries. Hand weeded my garlic bed, onion bed and chrysanthemum bed.
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• I've been on holiday this week so apart from Monday when I went birdwatching (first time in weeks) I have been up at my allotment every day I've dug over four beds and don't want to see another spade or fork for the rest if 2015!!!! I'm really pleased with how much I've got done though and feel that now it's starting to look like a 'proper' plot and soon (next week or the one after) I can start to plant stuff outside.

Today I finished marking out the different beds and pathways, put up four cane wigwams, planted out my Savoy Cabbages and 12 Shallots and planted my original six Gardener's Delight Tomatoes into the polytunnel as they were looking in dire need of more space

Attached Files
                        If I'm not on the Grapevine I can usually be found here!....https://www.thecomfreypatch.co.uk/

Comment

• Managed to find the hardest clay and the most stones in a small patch- I was digging it for my red cabbages! Took ages but got it done and manured, no time to plant though. I keep being sure that I have found the worst bits!

Watered all the seedlings and salad in the greenhouses.
                          No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Planted out my first batch of sweetcorn, its a bit early but I couldnt hold them back any more in their root trainers.

Foliar fed everything with seaweed.

Comment

• Spent the morning filling the green bin before they picked it up..........................spent the afternoon water whipping................
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• My nine early flowering Named chryanthemum plugs arrived from Woolmans this morning so potted them all into 3.5 inch pots. Labelled them accordingly with wooden lollipop labels i bought from Poundland.(Had to go online to check what colours they were though)
                                I always walk into Poundland with a pound coin in my hand, but always finish up spending a fiver. Labels, green fence paint,short bamboo fence which i intend using as bed labels,netting for brassicas and yogurt coated cranberries for a treat!
                                Planted out a Pumpkin into my Polytunnel along with a yellow courgette.Also planted a courgette into a bed outdoors but put a one gallon plastic water container over the top of it as a cloche. I now have one pumpkin in the polytunnel, one in the greenhouse and one on the window sill in case of a late frost which should leave me with at least one!
                                My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                                to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X