Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday- Dug half a raised bed,checked greenhouse seedlings and picked vegetables.
    No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Just finished planting out 7 of my 'celebration runner bean plants'. I've made a tent protection for them,in case of strong wind & it shades them from the sun a bit,ease them into their new position in the soil. Not putting straw down yet,going to plant my sweetcorn next to the beans,then mulch it all.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Moved my first batch of sweetcorn to the allotment ready for planting out.
        Planted my last cordon tomato out in the polytunnel.
        Sowed 16 French beans.
        He-Pep!

Comment

• Went plant shopping as we (and I mean I) decided to get rid of alot of the front lawn and have it as a more pottiger type - bargains all round - please see 'what makes you happy' thread.
          Put an add in the village web site for frog spawn - something I never thought I would ever do in my motorcycle and heavy rock past.
          I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jungle Jane View Post
            Just finished planting out 7 of my 'celebration runner bean plants'. I've made a tent protection for them,in case of strong wind & it shades them from the sun a bit,ease them into their new position in the soil. Not putting straw down yet,going to plant my sweetcorn next to the beans,then mulch it all.
            Doing exactly the same but with the addition of sunflowers.Am away until Tuesday so will leave till then.Allotments are a bugger- I used to look forward to going away, now I am just desparate to get things planted. What has happened to me?
            No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Hand weeded my onions and shallots peeling back the shallot husks to stop them restricting growth.
              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Consigned my huge "dwarf" french beans to the growhouse as they were taking over the windowsill. This meant a major rearrangement as the potatoes had to come out so they are in limbo on the patio. Tomato plants and the biggest courgette plant moved to the growhouse, bean seedlings moved to cloche greenhouse. I now have space under the lights for my melons which are starting to show signs of growth.

Sowed another tub of carrots. Run out of big pots now so that's the last big sowing until the spinach has finished.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Originally posted by kris1960 View Post
                  Doing exactly the same but with the addition of sunflowers.Am away until Tuesday so will leave till then.Allotments are a bugger- I used to look forward to going away, now I am just desparate to get things planted. What has happened to me?
                  I'm doing sunflowers too dwarf ones-sunspot i think,to go along the front of the corn. Geraniums too,white are the best but i don't really know why,I asked at the garden center once,its to do with bug attraction. I was wondering about sweet peas going up with the beans for colour,but I might just add more beans. I should be thinking about organising a holiday,but my minds full of plants too.

Comment

• Planted out on plot, dwarf beans, and some sugar snap peas, scattered a few slug pellets, but should I cover/protect in any other way?
                    DottyR

Comment

• I setup a little shelf so I could utilize the space I have more. Three buckets of dwarf beans sitting on there, tied to the fence.

Then I setup the begining of a bunty frame for some climbing beans.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Snow; 21-05-2015, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Planted my cornflowers, marigolds and calendula seedlings into the garden border. It's sink or swim time for them, as I'm going on holiday.
                        He-Pep!

Comment

• Well , I've put up a two foot fence using eight foot fence posts, planted 180 onions a two centimeter spacing and dug the soil out of a bed to put on the path.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                          ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Watered three of my potato plants that are showing signs of being close to flowering.

Comment

• Quite warm this evening so stopped at the allotment from 3.30pm when i finished work and left at 7.00pm
                              Dug over the area where my climbing beans are going and erected a wigwam out of 16 canes!
                              My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                              to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Put out my sprouts and removed 12 tonnes of weeds.
                                When you have a hammer in your hand everything around you starts looking like a nail.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X