Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planted a bed full of Elfe potatoes. No idea whether they are early or late and only some of them had very small chits, so I'll just have to wait and see. Used tatties from T*sc*s as I really enjoyed their taste but couldn't get a hold of seed tatties?
    Stuck the fleece back over my pumpkin plants as i don't trust the weather yet.
    My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
    to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Cleared two 15'x3' beds, dug, cut up remains of brassicas and mixed with comfrey,grass and nettles(also cut up) which I used to mulch the beds in readiness for beans, sweetcorn and squash. I am a bit unsure about this but figured it was worth a try. Might post as a question because it is not too late too rake off and I have one more bed of the same size to do. Took all day because I used a pair of scissors to finely chop everything!
      No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Cleaned out my shed! It was left with a heck of a lot in it (only got the plot on Sunday), very chuffed with myself. More of a clean slate now

Comment

• Sowed Brunswick cabbage some broad beans and Black Tuscan kale. Potted on some Kintsai

Started shoveling out a lowered path down the middle of my polytunnel to hopefully give me a bit more headroom when I'm working in it!
          Weeded my Japanese onions and fed the weeds to the chooks who were very appreciative.
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Strimmed and mowed the piggin grass. Now a nice shade of green and absolutely pooped.
            I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Today I potted on some pepper and chilli plants and sowed some calabrese, pumpkin and lettuce seeds. Also some biennials and perennial flowers for next year. Don't want to waste that greenhouse bench space!
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Planted out some more cauliflowers, beetroot and 3 courgettes. Planted some runner bean seeds direct in the ground, hoed the garlic and onions and pottered about generally. It was lovely at the plot this afternoon. Then when I came home I planted some climbing frenchies in pots - they can go in the raised bed at home for emergency lunches - nothing nicer than a warm french bean in vinaigrette dressing. Mmm - mouth watering already.

Comment

• I met my plot neighbours and had a cup of tea in their shed
                  I also used some weed killer on half of the plot, done some wedding, and planted some pumpkins into pots for my windowsill.

Comment

• Weeded, weeded and weeded some more. My hands are so sore.

Comment

• I went and brought some flower plants for the front garden. Planted them but not sure what I am doing but we will see. Pruned the panties and violas.
                      Then I went to play golf with my husband. Good day had by all.

Comment

• Originally posted by cilla View Post
                        Pruned the panties .
                        Hope you weren't wearing them at the time.................
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Did last bed for beans,sweetcorn etc and mulched with weeds, thanks Martin and Sarico. Three good sized beds for beginning of June. Started levelling off one of my new raised beds, watered greenhouse and weeded till exhaustion claimed me at 7.50.
                          No matter:the allotment is lovely, the tadpoles have legs, my sea kale has germinated and I am glad to be home.

Comment

• Ops (haha). No I was not wearing them! The pansies got the pruning as well!

Comment

• Found out that whilst my back has been turned over the past couple of weeks, every weed at the Hill has grown at least a foot on my plot.

Yesterday - round one of knocking into shape then nipped into the clubhouse for a beer. Saw Reg-next-plot who asked me if i wanted any sturon onion seedlings, and if so to go round and collect them today.

Cut a few asparagus spears for tea and pulled enough rhubarb for the Next-door's, mum, and for the this year's first batch of rhubarb wine.

Today - took mum to the GC today, then dropped her home and went to Reg-next-plot's to pick up the onion seedlings, then to the Hill to plant them out and to do round two of weed whacking.
                              Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 10-05-2015, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Planted out some swedes this morning as well as a few of my lettuce plants.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X