No announcement yet.

Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What a mess PP, I feel for you as I know how much work goes into creating a pond............hope you get the drainage problem sorted, I think that's your priority then like you say build in some kid of overflow...........Good luck & let us know how it goes.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Mr PP and I spent a couple of hours in blistering heat (I held the parasol while he dug - arthritis has its benefits ) putting a drain in under the pond to take away any groundwater before it could build up and displace the liner again. We also borrowed a pump and put 1100 litres back into the pond on Friday - emptied two and a bit of my water butts.

It looked lovely and we spotted huge tadpoles, as big as plums and lots of newtlings.

And then last night we had an even bigger storm - the garage flooded, the roads out of the village were blocked and the pond now looks like this :

Bigger drain required ...
      Attached Files
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• That's really sad. What sort of liner are you using?
        Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• PP! Your certainly not having a good run of it late!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• PP, if it's holding water, would it not be best to look at clay lining it.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Right! Found It!

Following on from last nights convo!

Tiled out, with a sort of shiny image tile to make the back yard look bigger! These garden designer' s have now't on me!

A bit of work to do on the "Waterfall" as it's not running right! But work in progress!

But got the "Telly" in tonight!

The kids didn't wanna know! But hey! Always tomorrow!

Attached Files
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• That TV looks ace Deano. How did you get the air out of the tank?.............I'm guessing with a vac.

Comment

• Fishotel was fully booked up when I went down this morning, I can only assume it's a couple of degrees warmer than the hotel down under:

Attached Files

Comment

• I love that BM! I need to revamp my pond that has sprung a leak. It's an ugly monstrosity - this thread is inspiring.

Comment

• Hope you get it sorted Scarlet, I think fish are the most relaxing creatures to watch.

Comment

• Are those tanks separate to the ponds or part of it? How does it work?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• The tanks are partially under water, in my case it is resting on a DIY stand I cobbled together. The air inside the tank is then sucked out replacing it with water. A bit of floating food is then put in the tanks to entice the fish to visit. After a couple of days they just go in on their own..........Here's how the idea came about:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ain_80221.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                            A bit of work to do on the "Waterfall" as it's not running right! But work in progress!
                            Nothing worse than a waterfall that sounds like a horse peeing, Deano
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                              That TV looks ace Deano. How did you get the air out of the tank?.............I'm guessing with a vac.
                              How right you are!

Very surprised as too how quick it filled!

Had a few inquisitive souls tonight, but time will tell!

Am sure once they get used to it they will adapt!

But must note! Too many "mirrored images" with the pond reflection n shiny tiles! etc

Somat to fix!
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Looks great Deano, try some aquarium backing paper on the tank. Floating pond pellets should soon get the kids in.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X