No announcement yet.

Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a thought Deano. Is there anyway of making a timber frame that the buckets can fasten to by the handles. If you have them spaced a foot above each other with a hole drilled in the bottom of each, I would imagine you would get 3 or 4 different tones/sounds...........if you don't want the sound, run a length of chain through the holes and let the water run down the chain.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• It's on a pump VC! Well! When it's cleaned!

Lateral Japanese fencing BM! If I can get hold of the thick "bamboo" n tie in a few black knot's to make it look "authentic" again! Work in progress!
      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Run All that through my head too BM!

We do live on a same "Wave Length"
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Forgot to put a "Smiley" on

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
            It's on a pump VC! Well! When it's cleaned!

Lateral Japanese fencing BM! If I can get hold of the thick "bamboo" n tie in a few black knot's to make it look "authentic" again! Work in progress!
            Would that be Yotsumegaki tied with shuronawa, Deano?
            I'm trying desperately to pretend that I know all about Lateral Japanese fencing but all I found was Chapter 34: Defining the Garden: Boundaries and Gates

Comment

• That's the likes VC! But gunna put my own twist to it to keep costs down!

As a tester!

Just run a 4.2m length of "Roofing Lat" across the back wall!

"Perfect"

So now need four good upright's, one either end n two Central! About 5ft above the wall to wipe out the house overshadowing! n clad with the "Lat's"

Hey! I've got this "Licked"

Busy weekend then!
              Attached Files

Comment

• June 6th

Attached Files
                photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Oops, I forgot about the pond.....Cheers Bill....

Attached Files
                  Last edited by Bigmallly; 06-06-2014, 03:13 PM.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• It's a bit choked at the moment. The water mint's a bit of a thug, and I have a great spearwort in a tiny pond. Maybe I should have noted the word "great". At some point it'll have to be removed and replaced with a dwarf spearwort.
                    Attached Files
                    Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                    By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                    While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                    At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Bill, that pond's lovely. What are the spider web thingys?

Hello again, MrBE, where've you been these last 6 or 7 months?
                      Last edited by mothhawk; 09-06-2014, 06:26 PM.
                      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                        Hello again, MrBE, where've you been these last 6 or 7 months?
                        Popping in on occasion, but lurking rather than posting. Things have been busier than usual.
                        Our England is a garden, and such gardens are not made
                        By singing-'Oh how beautiful!" and sitting in the shade,
                        While better men than we go out and start their working lives
                        At grubbing weeds from gravel paths with broken dinner-knives. ~ Rudyard Kipling

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
                          What are the spider web thingys?
                          It's an alternative to netting.

Comment

• My little pond is now almost hidden by the surrounding vegetation. You can just see a little patch of water with pondweed and a goldfish, bottom left. But the little stream makes a pleasant sound, I can even hear it in the greenhouse.

I finally got around to wiring up the circulation pump to a switch in the shed this morning, a job that's been on the list for 2 years! Not that I ever turn it off, of course.

Attached Files
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• It's amazing what a little retirement can let you do Martin.............

Comment

• Lovely primula candelabra, Martin.
                                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                                Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X