No announcement yet.

Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill Oddie doesn't think they work but that doesn't stop him having 2 pseudo-herons and an artificial menagerie Bill Oddie talks about pond life
    I guess BM feels the same way about his pseudo aviary - maybe he is Bill Oddie .

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      Bill Oddie doesn't think they work but that doesn't stop him having 2 pseudo-herons and an artificial menagerie Bill Oddie talks about pond life
      I guess BM feels the same way about his pseudo aviary - maybe he is Bill Oddie .
      Well he would have to be Little Mally wouldn't he?

This makes me wonder if there are any really famous people on here, maybe Prince Charles, or the Pope?
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Originally posted by Knight of Albion View Post
        The fake owls don't fool the seagulls, they're too intelligent for that. But what about the fake herons? I know herons are territorial, so I can certainly see the logic, but do they work?
        So far so good KofA. Touch wood, I've not had any visitors as of yet................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
          Well he would have to be Little Mally wouldn't he?
          Not necessarily. Big Mally could be his alter ego!
          Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
          Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            So far so good KofA. Touch wood, I've not had any visitors as of yet................
            They fall for it? Guess those herons aren't the sharpest tools in the box! But, if it works, and nothing gets hurt... Great stuff.
            Pain is still pain, suffering is still suffering, regardless of whoever, or whatever, is the victim.
            Everything is worthy of kindness.

http://thegentlebrethren.wordpress.com

Comment

Im sure its worth all the effort .Cos its bladdy lovely to see I love every update .

Comment

I've got a little problem. I'm assuming due to the chasing....... that's going on, 3 fish tried committing harry carry & I found them in a tiny eddy in the stream..........they must have "jumped" onto the overflow pipe.....................I've now put a net in the stream on the end of the overflow pipe...............idiots.
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Well I finally made a start on mine yesterday!

Dug out the pump, fished out the fish, re-homed in Daughter n SIL,s nice shiny new pond, with help of a little pair of hands!

Her "Little Face" was an absolute picture!

But did "Cack it"a little when the "Big Boys" came out!

Time to "Don the Wellie's"
                  Attached Files
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

What fish are they Deano? They're the size of Whales

Comment

• A couple of "Ghost Coi" "Golden Orf" n a few "Odd's n sod's" but surprised they didn't come out with sunglasses on they've been in my "Pea soup" like pond for that long,

Won't bore you of the reasons, but hey! It's a start, were up n running! Oh! And here she is talking to "Fred the Frog"

Attached Files
                      Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 02-06-2014, 06:15 PM.
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Willing to show the "Bare Bones"

"Back Yard" now look's like a "Dump"

But pond now more or less emptied!

Really glad it's my weekend off, may put a major "Dent" in it!

Then playing about! Sure I could make this work!

A water feature taking water from one level to another!

One bucket over spilling to another!

Summat to sleep on!
                        Attached Files

Comment

• It will work Deano but the buckets will all have to face slightly forward.

Comment

• I appreciate that BM! but my first must is to hide that ugly back wall!

I have plans!

Comment

• Nice idea Deano
                              How you going to get the water to the top bucket ?
                              Pump - mains or solar?

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                                I appreciate that BM! but my first must is to hide that ugly back wall!
                                Trellis & a Climber?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X