No announcement yet.

Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's starting to have a life of it's own................

Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
      It's starting to have a life of it's own................
      Looks like it has been there for ages

You got a plan for the black plastic around the edge? There is a gravel-stuck-to-backing-material tat comes on a roll that would allow you to overlap your white stone into the water - let me know if you want me to find a link
      K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Cheers Kristen, will do. I'm just gonna see how the plants fair for the time being.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

n.p. Beware that the liner may be prone to "rot" if left exposed to Sun/UV for prolonged periods
          K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep my eye on it.

Comment

I took a pic of mine today. It's very small and has lots of algae. Also the surrounding soil has settled exposing the top of the liner, so I've work to do.

I do have at least 3 goldfish and quite a few snails in there though...

Attached Files
              My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
              Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Not mine!

But Daughter and SIL asked for a little help/advise last year regarding there very similar to mine "Postage Stamp" size back yard!

Took the "Brief" as to what they wanted, play area, seating area, pond!...................

The only solution I could come with was to put one on top of the other!

Play area above, pond below.

Managed to line and fill the pond this last week

Managed to get a pump n filter from work, set up yesterday!

Alas! "Moving water"
                Still "Work in progress" but well pleased with the way it worked out!
                Attached Files
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

Brilliant Deano, what's the admission fee?.................

Comment

Inspired!! Is there a trapdoor on the play area so that the kids can fall into the pond?

Comment

VC! He wanted to put a glass floor in!

But my nerves wouldn't have handled that!

I do love the little "Rat's" really!
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

That is impressive, excellent workmanship. Do you think there might be issues with the pond lacking light? although cutting out light in a pond is a good way to stop blanket weed I am forever fishing it out of mine)I wonder if other plants might be affected. Love the slide too.
                        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

Bill, we will be fitting lights of some degree, not worked out what as yet!

Then thinking of cutting 18" sq "Spy Holes" in the decking above,

But safety has to be "Paramount"

As I say! Still "Work in Progress"
                          Attached Files

Comment

These are mine - the bigger one is in my garden and the smaller one at the lotty. Both enjoy froggy squatters.

Attached Files

Comment

Update

You'll like this:
                              Have decided to do away with the original feed from the stream as I couldn't get the pond to the depth I wanted so I've dug a channel across the field to the stream which is higher. This will be piped & filled in due course. In the foreground you can see a silly looking tap thingy that is now the new inlet. The water goes into an old spin dryer inner which is filled with debris netting as a filter. As I have no power down there I have make do with what I can get my hands on..............got some water lilies & other plants given so well pleased at the mo.

Attached Files
                              Last edited by Bigmallly; 18-05-2014, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Improving our pond by hiding the liner on the back wall with a log from our bit of woodland.

Before.

Mr PP and my f-i-l - how else would you want to spend your eightieth birthday?

The finished thing looking like something from Badminton Horse Trials.
                                Attached Files
                                Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X