Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DWSmith
    My pond during construction. I need to add a picture since it has filled up.

My wife is in the both pictures.
    That's not a pond - its a lake!
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Is it naturally water tight or have you had to line it with clay / liner? When can we come fishing?
      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Pond?...............................I've fished smaller "ponds".
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Oh, my boys could windsurf on that! Fantastic!

Comment

• Get ya rods lads...........we're goin fishin.......................
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Folk can go off folk Dan......................
              Last edited by Bigmallly; 06-08-2014, 08:01 AM.

Comment

• At last, I can join this thread Its about 20 years since I dug my pond and its been lost in the shrub bed for about 10 of them.
                Its in the bed on the right somewhere

Flushed with enthusiasm by BM's thread and Fish TV, I have resurrected the pond and tuned into Taddy TV.

There's a Taddy programme on now. Not exactly a crowd scene.............

Attached Files

Comment

• Fantastic VC, your tadpole TV will turn into an adult channel very soon lol
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                    Fantastic VC, your tadpole TV will turn into an adult channel very soon lol
                    It started off as Frog Spawn - could end up as Frogs' "pawn"
                    Last edited by veggiechicken; 06-08-2014, 07:18 PM.

Comment

• I am certainly not going to join in this smutty talk, but I think that is a beautiful pond VC. Get some little shubunkins in there and you will have colour TV.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• I already have Colour TV, Bill This is what's on the Box tonight

Did you notice the Tadellite dish on the top of the tank?

Its my homemade solar downlighter (£3.99 string of 50 lights, bundled together inside a plastic container)

Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          I already have Colour TV, Bill This is what's on the Box tonight

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48208[/ATTACH]

Did you notice the Tadellite dish on the top of the tank?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48210[/ATTACH]

Its my homemade solar downlighter (£3.99 string of 50 lights, bundled together inside a plastic container)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]48209[/ATTACH]
                          Its clear Big Mally has a serious competitor.

Comment

• I can only walk in his shadow, Bill

Comment

• It makes me weep, but here is our pond after flooding at the weekend (we had 65mm of rain overnight in three thirty minute bursts ) Water got under the liner and forced it up, displacing the water inside and tipping it out over the edge, no doubt with a vast amount of wildlife, too

The liner still being forced up by the water beneath, but the gravel shelf has been uncovered.

Once the water beneath completely drained away the liner went back to the original shape and it was clear just how much water had gone.

We are going to borrow a pump tomorrow to get water up from the water butts beside the house, but with more storms due on Saturday we are going to have to put in a drain beneath the pond liner and a field drain above to try and keep the runoff out.
                              Attached Files
                              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• That's a shame, PP. I have heard that this problem is pretty common but I've never seen it myself until your picture.

I wouldn't worry about the wildlife, it will mostly have stayed within the liner (or crawled back once the flood subsided). So as long as the liner isn't actually damaged it will be back to normal in no time.
                                My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                                Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X