No announcement yet.

Show us ya pond!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe you could plant a reed bed by your inflow BM, to filter out the sand a bit.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Cheers MH & LD. If you look around the 1 minute mark, you can see the Iris's which are next to the inlet. Under the inlet is also a mass of floating plant which as you suggest filters some of the sand. The main problem is after a downpour which washes more down the stream so I'm in & out of the field regulating the inflow of water.
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• BM! Telling you now! Loved the vid!
        But honest! If I posted one too! And I'll openenly admit ain't got a clue how to do one!
        But telling ya!
        If I did! No one would know if it was me or you!
        I swear down dead! You sound perfectly like me! I ACTUALLY thought it was me speaking! Give me a nod how to do n I'll bang one on!
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Cheers Deano, well we are from't same neck o't woods.........I just took the vid on't camera & uploaded it to Youtube. You will have to create an account if you haven't already got one. If you need step by step gimme a shout.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Cheer!s big man! Intrigued! Day off tomorrow! Sleep in! Bonus! But on call! Hoping all goes well!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Sorry about the hijack but I could not find anywhere else to put this.....
              we have a very small wildlife pond with a blacket weed problem - there's loads of it.
              How can I get rid of it or at least slow it down?
              I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Luckily I've never come across it Lumpy so have no personal experience. I found this if it helps:

Cloverleaf Blanket Answer 200g Blanket Weed Treatment: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Comment

• Thanks BM - we inherited the weed with the plants we bought to put in the pond.
                  I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• I'm sure I have read somewhere about using Barley Straw but how you use it I don't know.

Comment

• Just ordered - Ta for that.

Comment

• Hope it works for you.

Comment

• I dug a border out round ours last year. Before that we had stones going right up to it and a few fiddly plants. This year it's gone crazy! I'm trying to hide the black plastic, it's working so far as everything has started sprouting. In a couple of weeks hopefully the plastic will be even more hidden
                          Attached Files
                          You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                            I'm sure I have read somewhere about using Barley Straw but how you use it I don't know.
                            I think the straw is supposed to work against algae, but I don't think it will prevent blanket weed. You tie it in bundles or put it in net bags and submerge it in the pond.

No idea about how to get rid of blanket weed I'm afraid, short of fishing it out with a net.
                            A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Our pond is so small I could fish it out with a tea strainer. I am having to grab it out each time it appears but it seems to be coming back quicker. I hope the stuff I ordered works on it a bit.

Comment

• Although it still makes me happy, I thought this was a more appropriate thread for it:

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X