• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello George ^^^^ and welcome to the Vine
    Wot a whopper, BM

Comment

• whopper indeed,
      Last edited by lottie dolly; 25-05-2015, 09:13 PM.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Regarding blanket weed, I have suffered with it for several years so I bought some pond clear. It has worked a treat, blanket weed gone, it was £18 though.
        photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Here's my tiddly liddle pond

I dug it out about 20 years ago and for a few years it looked OK. Gradually the plants encroached on it until, eventually, it disappeared completely into a mass of spiky japonica, weigela and loosestrife and I "forgot" about it. There were frogs living in it so I just left them to it.
          Last year's Calendar thread encouraged me to rediscover it. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1274476
          I've had to put a bit of fence around it since the puppies fell in
          Attached Files

Comment

• Good Job VC....................
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Right! Off tomorrow! Gunna have a go at posting a vid! This should be fun!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Looking forward to it Deano. I've decided to remove the TV's to allow George a bit more growing room........
                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• All change at my tiddly pond

Two days ago it looked like this -

and today..............

Somewhere to sit, and watch the fish while I have my cuppa. Couldn't do that before as the ground was too uneven for a seat. I'm delighted with the makeover

BTW, take note of the cushions! They're the cheapo foam mats that are sold for dog's beds - about £1.99 each. Much cheaper than garden furniture cushions and the dog's like them
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Ta BM for the link to Cloverleaf Blanket Weed stuff on Hebay. It turned up - I sprinkled it in on Thursday and today there is no blanket weed in our very very small pond (if the truth be known its more a sunken water feature and BM's fish would stick out at both ends(
                    I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. Thomas A. Edison

Outreach co-ordinator for the Gnome, Pixie and Fairy groups within the Nutters Club.

Comment

• Put this pond in in 2011. Edged with chamomile. Doing well with plenty of frogs and tadpoles but sadly no water boatmen, pond skaters or diving beatles. Again this site has turned my pic upside down.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Marb67; 31-05-2015, 10:26 AM.

Comment

• Try this one Marb although for some reason it's tiny..............the pic not the pond:

Attached Files

Comment

• It was uploaded straight from my ipad so nothing wrong with the photo.

Attached Files
                          Last edited by Marb67; 31-05-2015, 11:04 AM.

Comment

• There ya go Marb. Maybe there's no pond skaters near you to colonize your pond. Or maybe the frogs are eating them as soon as they arrive.

Attached Files
                            Last edited by mothhawk; 31-05-2015, 11:16 AM.
                            Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                            Endless wonder.

Comment

• There is some good info from Sarico here Marb:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tos_84764.html

Comment

• Even the correct way round the photo is poor resolution compared to the one uplaoded from my ipad. I have always uplaoded from ipad with the same quality here so don't know what is going wrong.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X