Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marb67
    replied
    Even the correct way round the photo is poor resolution compared to the one uplaoded from my ipad. I have always uplaoded from ipad with the same quality here so don't know what is going wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    There is some good info from Sarico here Marb:

http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tos_84764.html

Leave a comment:

• mothhawk
    replied
    There ya go Marb. Maybe there's no pond skaters near you to colonize your pond. Or maybe the frogs are eating them as soon as they arrive.

Attached Files
    Last edited by mothhawk; 31-05-2015, 11:16 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Marb67
    replied
    It was uploaded straight from my ipad so nothing wrong with the photo.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Marb67; 31-05-2015, 11:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Try this one Marb although for some reason it's tiny..............the pic not the pond:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Marb67
    replied

Put this pond in in 2011. Edged with chamomile. Doing well with plenty of frogs and tadpoles but sadly no water boatmen, pond skaters or diving beatles. Again this site has turned my pic upside down.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Marb67; 31-05-2015, 10:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lumpy
    replied
    Ta BM for the link to Cloverleaf Blanket Weed stuff on Hebay. It turned up - I sprinkled it in on Thursday and today there is no blanket weed in our very very small pond (if the truth be known its more a sunken water feature and BM's fish would stick out at both ends(

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    All change at my tiddly pond

Two days ago it looked like this -

and today..............

Somewhere to sit, and watch the fish while I have my cuppa. Couldn't do that before as the ground was too uneven for a seat. I'm delighted with the makeover

BTW, take note of the cushions! They're the cheapo foam mats that are sold for dog's beds - about £1.99 each. Much cheaper than garden furniture cushions and the dog's like them
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Looking forward to it Deano. I've decided to remove the TV's to allow George a bit more growing room........

Leave a comment:

• Deano's "Diggin It"
    replied
    Right! Off tomorrow! Gunna have a go at posting a vid! This should be fun!

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Good Job VC....................

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Here's my tiddly liddle pond

I dug it out about 20 years ago and for a few years it looked OK. Gradually the plants encroached on it until, eventually, it disappeared completely into a mass of spiky japonica, weigela and loosestrife and I "forgot" about it. There were frogs living in it so I just left them to it.
    Last year's Calendar thread encouraged me to rediscover it. http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1274476
    I've had to put a bit of fence around it since the puppies fell in
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bill HH
    replied
    Regarding blanket weed, I have suffered with it for several years so I bought some pond clear. It has worked a treat, blanket weed gone, it was £18 though.

Leave a comment:

• lottie dolly
    replied
    whopper indeed,
    Last edited by lottie dolly; 25-05-2015, 09:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Hello George ^^^^ and welcome to the Vine
    Wot a whopper, BM

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X