Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bigmallly
    replied
    I've felt that the pond has been in need of a tidy up so after 2 days tinkering, it's now gone from this:

To a much more manageable:

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    It was confusing my lickle brain Bal.............looking really good.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    That's a small lake Bal!

Leave a comment:

• Bal
    replied
    This is mine It ended up much bigger than we planned. The soil was needed to fill the raised birds in the back. Unfortunately we hit the soak away as we were digging so had to make it much wider as we couldn't go deep enough. It's not finished yet still works in progress
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Bal; 26-05-2016, 10:19 PM. Reason: Pictur upside down why ???

Leave a comment:

• NatalieCooke
    replied
    After sitting in the shed for over a year the pond is finally in! Looking forward to seeing frogs & toads in there pretty soon, we've aleady had a little Newt in there!
    I've posted a couple more photos on my website if you wanted to have a look.

The Wildlife Pond… | The Clueless Gardener...

Attached Files
    Last edited by NatalieCooke; 26-05-2016, 08:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• craftymarie
    replied
    As BM says the Koi will eat them. Frogs don't need a large body of water to survive, they are perfectly happy with tiny "ponds." I only have the equivalent of 3 washing up bowls with stones and water in for them which all have tadpoles currently swimming about in. They like shallow water to reproduce in so perhaps you could create a different area with a section specifically for frogs and toads?

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Hello GK, yes Koi will eat both spawn & taddies.

Leave a comment:

• gk141054
    replied
    Hi guys,

I'll get some pics of my pond up soon. In the meantime i'd love to have some frogs in my pond to hopefully hop around the garden and munch the slugs eating my plants. Only problem is I have big koi in the pond - will they eat the frog spawn?

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    I think you need to change your name to "Baldy TwoPonds"

Leave a comment:

• Baldy
    replied
    not wanting to boast but I've got two ponds.... early days but whadda ya think?

Balders
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Marb67
    replied
    I made ours in 2011 and always has a lot of frogs and tadpoles. Bit of a headache with duckweed as I added a small amount at the beginning much to my regret although the frogs seems to like it. Some kind of pernicious water mint has found it's way in but it produces lovely flowers, juts need to keep an eye on it as it's rampant. Marsh marigolds, water forget me and some iris. Always wanted pond skaters and water boatmen but so far no luck.

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Gillykat
    replied
    Mine is still a work in progress.....

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    I "rediscovered" my pond in August 2014 and turned it into this:-

After the puppies arrived (and fell in) it changed to:-

As the puppies grew, little railings were added to keep them out

Recently, the pond liner has cracked halfway down so its just been covered over and a rill added

Attached Files
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 03-05-2016, 11:16 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    It's almost 12 months since this thread was posted on so for any newbies I thought I would revive it. It's strange looking back over the last 2 years when I didn't have a clue about ponds and ended up going from this:

to this
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Penellype
    replied
    My little pond has been struggling in what has been a really dry spring here. I thought it might have filled up after all the rain we had last night, but this is it today:

(hint - the pond is somewhere under the Japanese maple and to the left of the big fern, full of water forget-me-nots.

I think the lining probably has a puncture as it never seems to stay full nowadays
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Penellype; 31-05-2015, 11:57 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X