Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well! I actually sowed! (But not for me! My Gardening Buddy still "Wet Behind the Ears!) now his GH up is "Twitching"
    Got him an heater, so the world is now his oyster!

Tom "Money Maker" "Lemon Boy"
    Chilli "Cayenne" "Caldero" "Hot Scotch"
    Sweet pepper "Lany"
    n Cuc, "Marketmore"

Who am I to tell him it's still yet far too cold n light deficient!

He'll learn!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• This week I've sown a few each of dill, chives, flat leaf parsley and arctic gem lettuce. they're all showing except the parsley, which hasn't been six times to the devil yet!
      Last edited by mothhawk; 07-02-2014, 08:28 PM.
      Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
      Endless wonder.

Comment

• Seeds sown today:

"Lincoln" peas. 2 modules of 24.

"Snowball A" cauliflower. 3 seeds in each module of six.

"Sweet Basil" in 2 recycled cottage cheese pots with a lid covering them mini propagator style!

All sitting snugly on the shelves of an old mini greenhouse frame.
        Modify message

Comment

• Originally posted by Penellype View Post
          Sowed some Spinach Tirza F1 (my favourite, produces huge leaves) in an 18" square pot in the garage. Also 50 early onward peas in the propagator. Beginning to wonder if I am getting over-enthusiastic with the early sowings.
          Hi Penellype, How many Spinach Tirza F1 do you sow in an 18" pot, Iv just sown some yesterday x 5 in a 12" pot (as a newbie to growing wasn't sure how many to sow).

Deano, you made me laugh as I am too in my first year ever and "Twitching" lol Just want the fine weather here Now

I too have started Hot scotch, a few other mixed chilli's and just germinating some cape gooseberry and in my lovely blowaway some Spinach, winter Cos type lettuce, mixed winter lettuce and radish Just couldn't wait! I also keep finding reasons to pop to Wilkos and end up buying pots, seeds ect.......

Comment

• Yesterday sowed:
            Aubergines - cima viola, fengyuan and belleza bera
            Chillies - jalapeno, fatalii, scotch bonnet, tepin, cayenne, red gambia, passila, serrano and an un-named self saved hopelessly crossed variety.
            Peppers - Gaillo d'Asti, marconi rossi, sweet nardello, californian wonder and chocolate
            Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• So far

shallots in trays
              Parsley x 4 pots
              Chillies x 12 Cayenne (going to do some more tomorrow but need to buy the seed)
              Lettuce x 3 different ones
              Broad beans x 4 trays of Bunyards Ex & Masterpiece longpod in modules
              Seed onions x 3 pots - Mammoth Red (haven't done very well), Santero and Rijinsburger
              Leek x 1 pot Elefant
              Statice
              Sweet peas
              Tagetes

New vitapod prop coming next week, soooooooooooo excited, they'll be no stopping me! Any tips on how to use it wisely much appreciated

Comment

• Originally posted by Marie99 View Post
                Hi Penellype, How many Spinach Tirza F1 do you sow in an 18" pot, Iv just sown some yesterday x 5 in a 12" pot (as a newbie to growing wasn't sure how many to sow).
                I didn't count, I just sprinkled them over the surface so that the seeds fell about an inch apart in all directions, some a bit closer, then I covered them with compost. Last year I sowed them a bit more thickly and they produced a good crop but bolted fairly quickly, which could have been due to them being too close together. I do tend to cram things in rather closer than the recommended planting distances!
                Last edited by Penellype; 08-02-2014, 08:06 PM.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Today I sowed:

Sprouts - Evesham Special
                  Cauliflower - Purple Cape
                  Sprouts - Long Island Improved
                  Cauliflower - Snowball
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• More seeds sown today.

"Medina" spinach

"Reddy" spinach

"Winter Density" lettuce

A few radishes in the poly border.

Comment

• Well, having had such a poor germination rate from my out of date chillies I managed to get some more into the prop today. Have actually had a bit of a sowing frenzy:

Chillies: Hotscotch, Tokyo Hot & Rokita
                      Peppers: Topepo Rosso & Giallo, Star mix, Colour Spectrum
                      Tomatoes: San Marzano Lungo, Country Taste, Brutus, Marmande, Moneymaker & Gardeners Delight
                      Cucumbers: Beth Alpha, Passandra, Bali & Marketmore
                      Melons: Antalya & Melba

Comment

• Have sown more sweet peas in individual 3" pots, inside, on windowsill in unheated bedroom, should I cover them? And wud they be best put in airing cupboard until they germinate?

Have read back through this thread, cos I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but can't find it, sorry.
                        DottyR

Comment

• Have sown tomatoes, chillies, celeriac, cauliflower, peas and beans.
                          The celeriac and cauliflower seed have already germinated after 6 days.
                          They were sown in a heated propagator in the conservatory.
                          Last edited by bramble; 09-02-2014, 04:36 PM.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I have lost the plot a bit with what came up when,anyhow,the trial sowing of beetroot seeds has gone leggy,it's start again another day,only put 1 seed per modul,not sprinkle ready to separate,then forget about,sweet peas are started to show,so is leeks,and more brasicas,plus more potatoes put to chit,the ones i have in side,in front of the mirror are doing ok,although slow,only 1 so far damped off,
                            sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
                              plus more potatoes put to chit,the ones i have in side,in front of the mirror are doing ok,although slow
                              I guess they are the vain variety Lottie..................
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                                I guess they are the vain variety Lottie..................
                                one thing is for sure,they are straight,not bent,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X