Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought another windowsill propagator, and have sown more broad beans, red ones, (forgotten name already)
    DottyR

Comment

• Join the club Dotty...........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Must get round to listing all the toms and peppers that are already pricked out...

Today I sowed some beetroot in modules, and also some cabbage and AYR cauliflowers
        I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
        sigpic

Comment

• Two kinds of cauliflower, some broad beans, flowers Pensetemon, Delphinium, Nicotiana, Coreposis and some purple Basil.
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Put the 30 year-old Sweet Peas in a poly-bag of compost - fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Put the 30 year-old Sweet Peas in a poly-bag of compost - fingers crossed
              If they germinate,should go in Guinness Book of Records, I reckon, time will tell.
              DottyR

Comment

• Nothing ventured, Dotty.................

Comment

• Be seeing you on the telly.
                  DottyR

Comment

• I'll buy a flowery hat, some pearls...............and a trug - gotta look the part

Comment

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
                      Be seeing you on the telly.
                      No doubt being dragged off by men in white coats
                      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                      sigpic

Comment

• Oh my I haven't started growing anything yet, should I ? Just concerned if we get snow like last year .

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by vegboi View Post
                          Oh my I haven't started growing anything yet, should I ? Just concerned if we get snow like last year .

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                          I am only chit ting potatoes, I don't have a greenhouse, so although I have seeds, I don't want anything ready until it can go out. I don't mind if anything is a bit late. My joy is growing and eating it. Although, if my hubby would buy me a greenhouse ..........

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Put the 30 year-old Sweet Peas in a poly-bag of compost - fingers crossed
                            Terry Walton does this with his beans, and then sticks the bag in the airing cupboard to help germinate!
                            So you never know, might just do it!

Comment

• I've been doing this all year, Marco, putting the bags beside the Arga
                              Done broad beans, peas and sweet peas so far. Next up will be French beans, then runners. Its so easy as you can see the tiny roots through the plastic and pick them out individually, leaving the rest to sprout when ready. Since you're only planting up viable seeds, there's no waste of compost or long wait hoping for signs of growth.
                              Also, you can keep reusing the bags - I use Ziplock bags and blow into them before sealing them.
                              Recommended technique..............says VC, trying to sound like an expert

Comment

• am sure you will have some success VC,you gotta have some rewards for your dedication to garden related experiments,has in not been proved that seeds from very old dig up sites have germinated,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X