• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've sown some fatalii and some lemon drop chillies and some broad beans
    In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• I know parsnip seeds should be fresh, but today I sowed a few dozen of last years Albion seeds into grow tubes. Couldn't bear to throw them out, so they've been is a sealed pack in my fridge for the past year....nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Comment

• The seed sowing thread!!

Today I put in onion and shallots sowed pak choi, scozonera , beetroot , spinach beet , Chinese cabbage, radishes & little gem lettuce outside. Inside I potted up tomatoes and 58 chillies into 4 inch pots , getting tight for space on the window sills now both at home and at mums.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        Last edited by snakeshack; 19-03-2014, 09:27 PM.
        don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
        remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

• Yesterday I sowed the following into seed module trays:
          Sweetcorn
          Beetroot
          Carrot
          Cabbage
          Purple sprouting Broccoli
          Squash
          Spring Onion

Comment

• Got a bit of an earlier finish! Oh! and it rained!

But sowed a few "Brassica's"

Cabbage....Ruby Perfection, Duncan, Kilaxy, Golden Acre and Offenham 2, was gunna do the PSB n other calebrese (Broccoli in old mans terms) but been at it since 4am this morning! Got eyes like "Racing Dog's Go-Nads"

Talking about beds BM! Think mine is shouting!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Some cucumbers.

Pickling ones- Piccolo Verde di Parigi
              Marketmore
              Carosello Mezzolungo di Pougnano
              I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
              sigpic

Comment

• Having so far resisted the urge to sow curcubits, I might have to get some on the go later.
                While wearing your night clothes, plant cucumbers on the 1st May before the sun comes up, and they will not be attacked by bugs.

Comment

• Think i might have boobed by using a heated propogator!

I had a day off on Monday so decided as it was miserable outside i'd start some courgettes and squashes seeds, and put them in the heated propogator - i then had to go away for 2 days for work and when i got back they had all sprouted ad gone a bit leggy!

Hopefully they'll be ok but i've never had seeds sprout so quickly!

Comment

• I'd love a heated propagator - might put it on my Christmas list (a constant work-in-progress!).

Today DS, 5, and I sowed in trays:

Dwarf beans - Safari and Speedy
                    Tomato - Millefleur
                    Cucumber - Wautoma (though only one of the previous set I sowed has germinated)
                    Courgette - Verde de Italia
                    Kohl Rabi - Azur

DD, almost 12, and I sowed in trays:

Kohl Rabi - Gigantic
                    Peas - Kelvedon Wonder (I know peas don't need starting off indoors but DD wanted to and I think it's as important to cultivate enthusiasm as technique at this stage!)
                    Pumpkin - Cheyenne Bush
                    Strawberry - an Alpine variety

All my windowsill trays and odd pots are now full, as are all useful windowsills and quite a few other spots. No more sowing for us til something can go outside.
                    Is there anything that isn't made better by half an hour pottering in the veg patch?

Comment

• Today I sowed Tomato seeds in the heated prop, Spinach outside and I've potted on all my chilli seedlings into individual pots

Comment

• Sowed tomatoes and tomatillos in the propagator, more leeks in the conservatory and peas, mange tout and 4 types of lettuce in the greenhouse. Also potted on a load of plug plants I got last week, some bare rooted strawberry runners and pricked out some Brussels sprout seedlings. About to go up the Lottie now to sow some early carrots in the tunnel as well as plant out some lettuce plants (also in the tunnel)

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

• I was spring cleaning today, and found an unopened packet of Evesham Special brussell sprouts which had fallen down behind a radiator. The packet says sow by 2009, so it's been stuck in a very hot place for at least five years. But I didn't have the heart to throw them out, so sowed them just in case.

Comment

• I'm returning to gyo forums after a time away. I have sown in the last week:

Cabbage, kales, broc, psb, lettuce, various flowers, 6 varieties of tomato, aubergines, peppers, leeks
                            I have resisted planting potatoes yet or sowing cucurbits/beans. I know from experience that the greenhouse is too small to accommodate them if sown this early.

Comment

• What varieties of tomatoes did you sow?

My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

• Originally posted by batman View Post
                                What varieties of tomatoes did you sow?

Hi Batman, if you were asking me, my toms are:
                                Shirley, hildares (lidl), gardeners delight, sungold, golden cherry, marmande, roma, sun cherry, black russian. A bit of a overkill but can't resist experimentin. All on the kitchen windowsill for untimate planting in g/h and out door and giving to friends

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X