X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jayjaybee View Post
    Hi Batman, if you were asking me, my toms are:
    Shirley, hildares (lidl), gardeners delight, sungold, golden cherry, marmande, roma, sun cherry, black russian. A bit of a overkill but can't resist experimentin. All on the kitchen windowsill for untimate planting in g/h and out door and giving to friends
    I can't help myself as well!

Comment

• Originally posted by marcofez View Post
      I can't help myself as well!
      Ok, lets hear it, what have you sown that has been a little OTT? I'm thoroughly ashamed of myself, I only have room for 5 to 6 plants !

Comment

• Originally posted by jayjaybee View Post
        Hi Batman, if you were asking me, my toms are:
        Shirley, hildares (lidl), gardeners delight, sungold, golden cherry, marmande, roma, sun cherry, black russian. A bit of a overkill but can't resist experimentin. All on the kitchen windowsill for untimate planting in g/h and out door and giving to friends
        Yeah, I'm a sucker for too many seedlings too! But i just give some little plants to friends with balconies so they can stick them in a grow bag. I only need about 12 plants for the greenhouse...
        But I might actually give marmande a try.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
        My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

• Sweet Basil, lots
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Today, bought more sweet peas ( white variety ) and sowed them in loo roll inners, these are a 'back up' in case my others have now been flattened by the hail and wind we had yesterday

Patty pan squash, yellow courgette, and zucchini, and tumbling toms, in unheated prop, on window sill, in unheated room.
            DottyR

Comment

• Kale n suede!

Better think about some herbs before the weeks out!

Bedtime for "Bonzo"!
              Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 24-03-2014, 06:49 PM.
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Sowed marigolds, sunflowers, herbs - coriander, red and green basil, mixed lettace and baby gem lettace all in doors.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Sowed 4 types of beetroot, mesclun salad mix, twinkle peas, patio f1 courgettes, Russian giant sunflowers, 4 types of climbing beans and 3 types of dwarf beans. Need more herbs and flowers.

Comment

• Sowed more radishes, 2 types of beetroot (but have obviously been outnumbered by superlady ), and some more parsnips.
                    My allotment and cooking blog.

Comment

• Sowed Mesclun, Mizuna, Lettuce and Beetroot, then covered the lot with netting to deter the pigeons.
                      My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                      Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Four different types of Dwarf French Beans, not sure what they are, but I've labelled them Brown, White, Red and Mottled and kidney bean Scarlet Emperor. They're outside, but under the bench and under fleece.
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Two types of cabbage (greyhound and golden acre), two types of cauliflower (snowball and all the year round), Brussels (Evesham special and Bedford), runner beans (polestar), French dwarf beans (amethyst), French climbing beans (cobra), sweet peas (a mix of old seed collected), tomatoes (gardeners delight, Roma, yellow stuffing?, baby sweet, and one from a shared packet from my dad that begins with a T. haha!) and cucumbers (marketmore, telegraph improved and swing). This year is different to last year, as not only do I have help from my eldest (7years old), I now have a small helper who is nearly two! (He was more interested in trying to eat the soil and grass last year haha!)

Comment

• My 4 year old daughter is excellent in the garden! Her little fingers can sow one carrot or lettuce seed per station, instead of my half a packet.
                            Hussar!

Comment

• Later I will be planting some M&M's to get an M&M plant as suggested by my Growveg.com garden planner this morning...

Comment

• Great this working from home stuff. In my lunch break I decided to sow some seeds.

So I've just sown some Poppies (two different types), again as my last tray of them blew over , 4 different types of kale, peas, salad leaves, basil more leeks and more onions!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X