Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sown some Swede in newspaper pots and another pinch of spring onions.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Runner beans sowed today
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Chitted dwarf french beans into modules.
        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Fat podded Sugar Ann peas and flat podded Mangetout - Kennedy.
          One of the seed packets said to sow them every 10 days Better write that in my diary

Comment

• Direct sowed a lot of soaked/approximately chitted peas and beans. I've had a grand total of one decent and one sickly bean out of the 30+ I planted at home. I think something's wrong with the compost, as I'm just getting fungi sprouting and rotting seeds.

Early onward peas, Polestar runners, climbing borlotti and cobra frenchies. Also some more beetroot- a mix of boltardy, chioggia and yellow cylindrical- in a more fertile spot than the last batch (which is doing nothing much) and some mixed chard.
            My spiffy new lottie blog

Comment

• Did some last-minute parsnips yesterday, hoping they'll be OK. Also some butternut and Sweet Dumpling squash, a bit late, but my leftover seed from last year all failed, so had to get some new, hoping we have another good long summer this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                Squash Sweet Dumpling, Butternut Hawk and Spaghetti. More courgettes.
                Spaghetti sounds exciting didn't know we could grow pasta over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• I have nothing growing at the moment am I too late to sow seeds?

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• No, plenty of time for lots of things yet. Just sowing more french beans today...

Comment

• today i planted some leeks, some onions, sowed some radish som cos lettuce

Comment

• Sow some baby gem lettuce in seed trays, plant them out as you need them. The ones you plant out will grow to full size, the ones you keep will grow very slowly and stay small until you need them, for successional planting.
                        I have made seven plantings from the same seed tray now!
                        Make the compost nice and deep for root space (I use an old ice-cream tub.)

Not too late for beetroot, spinach, leeks, courgettes started indoors will catch up !
                        Read the seed packets for confirmation, and good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by Raybon View Post
                          Sow some baby gem lettuce in seed trays, plant them out as you need them. The ones you plant out will grow to full size, the ones you keep will grow very slowly and stay small until you need them, for successional planting.
                          I have made seven plantings from the same seed tray now!
                          Make the compost nice and deep for root space (I use an old ice-cream tub.)

Not too late for beetroot, spinach, leeks, courgettes started indoors will catch up !
                          Read the seed packets for confirmation, and good luck!
                          That's a brilliant suggestion, Raybon, thanks. My fave home made seed trays are the deep square-ish dark brown plastic cartons you buy mushrooms in. Just the right size/depth when space is limited.
                          My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Yesterday Mooli, Flo Fennel, Kale Nero and Gherkins. There was something else, but I'm blowed if I can remember now, glad I labelled!
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I am mighty impressed with that list FF. Will have to buck my ideas up!

Comment

• When is it best to sow Japanese onions seeds?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X