No announcement yet.

2014 Calendar

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I've managed to circle all 10 "Spot the differences".............
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• ...............not too late am I??...............rushes in to get Febs pictures up in time...........wheeeeeze..............

And thought I would add a pic of the establishing flower meadow to the left of my plot to see how that develops over it's first proper year:

Attached Files

Comment

• Oops 1 day late.. Where did February go?!
        Anyway here's Feb pics.

Attached Files

Comment

• Here I am, riding "Rough Shot" again! Still don't understand the rules of what I should be doing!

But here's my update anyway!

The two big beds dug over with lots of "Good Stuff" incorporated! A final Till before planting! Jobs a "Good Un!"

And what an absolutely "Gorgeous Day It as been"

Just need to get some more corrugated edging to finish "Bed 1"

Sure I must have been a "Magpie" in a previous life, forever "Rooting" in skips n like "Shiny" stuff!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 01-03-2014, 05:23 PM.
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Some visible progress this month.

From the top:

1st February 1st March

From the bottom:

1st February 1st March
            Attached Files
            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
              Here I am, riding "Rough Shot" again! Still don't understand the rules of what I should be doing!

But here's my update anyway!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42920[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42921[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42922[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42923[/ATTACH]

The two big beds dug over with lots of "Good Stuff" incorporated! A final Till before planting! Jobs a "Good Un!"

And what an absolutely "Gorgeous Day It as been"

Just need to get some more corrugated edging to finish "Bed 1"

Sure I must have been a "Magpie" in a previous life, forever "Rooting" in skips n like "Shiny" stuff!

Deano, is this an allotment plot or your back garden? So organised and pristine, not a weed in sight.
              DottyR

Comment

• It's an "Allotment" Dotty!

And I put the lack of weeds down to my OCD!
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Ooops... bit late!

Glad to see I wasn't the only one to miss February's upload!

January

February

Not sure you'll see much difference - but there has been some real tidying... I promise!
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by polc1410; 02-03-2014, 02:30 PM.

Comment

• From the west - February and March Mr PP has got the wood in to make sort of raised beds on the beds on the lower slope (bottom and sides only)

and from the east - February and March Some weeds removed and some compost added, but all very slow!

(BTW the house in shot is that of our neighbour, ours is less pretty and behind the camera.)
                    Attached Files
                    Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Quite a bit of work done since last month, so I'll do 2 posts and compare photos.

Facing north
                      February

March - much more sunshine now

Facing south
                      February

March - new raised beds and water butt has been moved into old wooden compost bin. Spinach seedlings in the pot under the fleece.

Near Hotbin

February
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Penellype; 04-03-2014, 12:30 PM.
                      A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Near hotbin
                        March - transplanted broccoli at the front, sun nearly touching soil now.

Grow Light garden
                        March

Sitting room windowsill
                        March - still some tomatoes ripening
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Penellype; 04-03-2014, 12:28 PM.
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Loads has changed this month so here was February's pic

And here is the pic for March

Have edged my raised bed and but a small flower bed around two sides (that you can't really see because of te angle of the photo) edged my lawn and put a path so I can get to all of my growing space easily. Have planted out garlic and strawberries, covered my raised bed to warm it up and keep it drier than it would normally be. Now I can't wait for a little more warmth and to get growing everything

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
                          Attached Files

Comment

• I thought it would be nice to say a big thank you to all who are participating in this years calendar. So far we have 27 grapes joined in, it's not too late to come on board..............
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• I love seeing how everyone's garden/allotment/where ever changes through the seasons. And by comparing the pictures month to month you can see how much it really does change even when it seems nothing is happening

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Well, here's March's ongoing projects:

Feb...............not much change....March...........

Feb.............................March.........

I'm also putting a newly dug pond on as I would like to see how it progresses...........
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X