X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MayApril
    MayApril
    And a new border

I have no idea why it keeps posting my photos upside down.
    - sorry
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gardendancer; 17-05-2014, 08:32 AM.

Comment

• Sorry GD, it was hurting my neck...................

Attached Files
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• It's years since I have had to do headstands GD..............

Attached Files
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Are those red flowers in the foreground geums, VC? They're a bit hard to make out but look very pretty.
          Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
          Endless wonder.

Comment

• There's a bit more green in the veg patch now
            April May
            Attached Files
            Endless wonder.

Comment

• And some flowers
              sisyrinchiums clematis
              Attached Files
              Endless wonder.

Comment

• Thank you Bigmally! I do handstands most days - but I wasn't doing them as I took the pictures I promise.

Comment

• Here's May ....

Still a bit of tweaking to do, but the stage is finally set for 2014

Comment

• Have you got some sort of automatic watering system AIC, or do you have to do it all by hand? Must take ages.
                    Endless wonder.

Comment

• All by hand, mothhawk. Hose reel at bottom of pic on fence next to the potting bench, and the two large green buckets to the left of it are my only means of rainwater collection/storage for the ericaceous plants. I have upped all the container sizes this year though, so hopefully I can go a little longer than last year between waterings.

Comment

• May ...

Feels like we've achieved a lot this weekend, spent a full day on the plot on Saturday and a few hours today.

Attached Files

Comment

• I'm a bit late with my May pics, been very busy in the garden!

Looking west (for a change)

The empty beds are waiting for my squash, courgette and beans to go out. Still hardening off at the moment. Both early and main crop potatoes are looking good and the leeks are also now in though under enviromesh (more as cat prevention than anything. They already think the earthed up potato rows are a great hide hole <sigh>)

Today we finished off preparing a bed for our outdoor tomatoes, Marmande and Green Zebra.

Looking north

Showing off our bluebell patch planted last autumn and they have all come through.

I have taken a couple of cuts off our comfrey patch, for the potato beds and for some soup. It has only encouraged them it seems!

Attached Files
                          Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

• Just squeezing in again!

New tunnel frame has been up since start of May but didn't think we would get the cover on in time for this month as the weather has been so bad. Weather better now and work canceled yesterday so cover went on with help from Mrs JJ and the kids (still nothing in it yet though but greenhouse is bursting)....

April.................May

April.................May

Roots, spuds peas and beans coming along too.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• That looks ace JJ.

Comment

• June already

Doesn't time fly!!

June from the south

May from the south

June from the north

June from the south

Bonus picture of the swollen river. H & S have been round and the Chapel landlords have had a fence put along the river in case some kid escapes the building and goes for a swim!! (Unless it's for my protection against falling in) The downside is that I will now be unable to mow the bank. The upside (is that a word?) is they have left me a massive long post which is 4 inches square and will serve as a fence post eventually. I was also gifted an enormous bag of sand.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X