Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Near the back door
    June
    Peas and broccoli in amongst the flowers, and the garden seat turned into a salad bar (bottom left).

Grow light garden
    May

June
    Still doing sterling service protecting seedlings from slugs etc until they are big enough to go outside.

Sitting room windowsill
    May

June
    Some of the new season tomatoes are turning red. I ate one of them for lunch The plant on the left is Totem (a bush variety), the others are Shirley.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Penellype; 03-06-2014, 02:18 PM.
    A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Mays photos

bed 1, 2, 3 and 4
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-06-2014, 03:23 PM.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Junes photos

Bed 1 Chard, kohlrabi, sweet peas then brassicas under netting.
        Bed 2 spinach, lettuce, Telephone and Purple podded peas and broad beans at the back
        Bed 3 parsnips, beetroot and leeks waiting to be dibbed in.
        Bed 4 Scarlet Emperor and Serbian pole beans
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bren In Pots; 03-06-2014, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• What a difference a month makes.........looking great...........
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            What a difference a month makes.........looking great...........
            Thanks BM I tried to get all the photos on one post but 'it' wouldn't let me.

Comment

• Originally posted by vegboi View Post
              I love your plot . Can I ask how you created your raised beds net cover and are they expensive ? Thanks mark
              Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
              I'm sure JJ will be along to answer you vegboi but are you talking about the white or green structure?
              Originally posted by vegboi View Post
              The black and white structure along the back of the picture
              Thanks Mark, we got the wood from the local timber merchant, original quote was over £200 which I couldn't justify. They had a pile of old timber stacked to one side and I asked about it and after some huffing said that if I wanted it I would have to take the lot, broken bits as well- they charged me £66. There was enough to do the raised beds in the new tunnel as well

The wood is 5" deep, so shallow for a raised bed but I'm happy, I screwed a 10" long x 2" square batten at each corner to attach the sides and did the same at the middle. The middle lengths of wood are to stop the weight of the soil bowing the bed and I attached these as above, then knocked them in the ground with a lump hammer.

BM's right, the frame that you see at the back is our original blowaway tunnel frame, I think £90 ish from ebay. It used to live where the new tunnel is. It was so successful that we decided to get a larger proper tunnel. We removed the cover from the blowaway then covered the original frame with netting to use as a walk in brassica cage. Example below.
              Kenley Garden Greenhouse Polytunnel - Strong Stainless Steel Frame 25mm

Frame only (bargain I think):
              3m x 2m x 2m FULLY GALVANISED FRAME POLYTUNNEL GREENHOUSE POLLYTUNNEL TUNNEL + | eBay

Oh, and I made the right hand beds to be the same size as the inside of the blowaway frame so that I can move it on each year.

Hope that helps

Comment

• JJ! Just wanna say thanks for the link! Won the bid! Cost me knocking on 60 sheets! But I'm happy!

My first ever EBay purchase!
                Last edited by Deano's "Diggin It"; 04-06-2014, 07:28 PM.
                "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• This is the view from my back window (pic 1). Much nicer and more to see than the back garden (pic 2).

Attached Files
                  Last edited by brownfingers; 06-06-2014, 10:55 AM.

Comment

• Nice views BF................
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Well another month over...........will soon be christmad.................

May1:........

Thought I'd have a change and show Mangetout doing well from the other side of the Brassicage..
                      June1:.......

May2:........

From a different angle.
                      June2:........
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Nice and orderly. "That's the way to do it"

Comment

• June 6th.

Attached Files
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• You posh sod!

Comment

• And 1 more...........

I keep eyeing all that space on the two flat rooves!! But before I can colonise them they will need improving (maybe fibre glass)
                              Attached Files
                              photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Bill, that looks fantastic!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X