No announcement yet.

2014 Calendar

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah! There in all the time these days with regular feeding! But with work being long day's, don't get to see it!

But it's gunna have to get dismantled for winter anyway!

I'll regroup for next year!

And I need to get my own yard done!

I somehow thought getting promoted to "Boss Man" was gunna get in the way! And it Has!

But I've "Winter" to dwell on stuff!
    "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• October/November

Oops, forgot October - but it looked just like this with more green stuff. Maybe the sky was a bit bluer too - looks threatening today.

Note the fuchsia in the right hand photo!

A 30+ year old hardy fuchsia. Mrs Popple maybe. Flowers throughout the year, but glorious in winter.

Attached Files

Comment

• The seasons done! But it's been a "good en"

Serious "Tidy Up Time" for next year!

Bring it on!
        Attached Files
        "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• November allotment and garden.
          Attached Files

Comment

• It’s been a mild and dry November so far with only a couple of frosts overnight and the last few days sunny and peaking at 18c – 20c.
            We have cleared and covered up some beds for winter but we are still picking beetroot, swede, leeks, fennel, chard, kale and cauliflower, and aside from carrots we haven’t had to buy any veg for weeks.
            Looking north

Looking south

and we do have one rose having on in there!

Attached Files
            Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

• Here we go then, last pictures of the year

From the west - blown sprouts in the foreground Three years running. I may finally give up. The rest of the visible beds are full of phacelia and still happy nasturtiums.

From the east - just started eating the leeks which were grown from self-saved seed, a first for me. And the crosnes de japon next to them. Bland yet crunchy - nice in a stir fry!
              Attached Files
              Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

• December photos

Looking north

Under the veggiemesh is kohlrabi, mizuna and pak choi.

Looking south

Mostly broccoli now.

Near hotbin

The nasturtiums are still making a takeover bid.

Grow Light Garden

Lettuces are growing well.

Sitting room windowsill

Still some red tomatoes.
                Attached Files
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• feeling very pleased with myself. My garden hasn't changed much in the last month, my allotment however is looking so much better (even if I do say so myself )

I got the plot at the start of summer but due to summer holidays and the nature of the work needed I left it until my daughter returned to school in September.

This is what i started with...

And when I left the plot today it looked like this...

Attached Files

Comment

• Can't wait to see it next year Mumbles.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• neither can I BM. I overheard some of the old guys saying I'd give the plot up in a few weeks when I first got it. It's been nice to prove them wrong

Comment

• Stay with the vine Mumbles & you'll be making them jealous next year.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Well done mumbles,it sure is a good feeling proving someone wrong,you doing good lass,

next year i will have to start,and carry on month by month,i will be back down to 2 plots,so should keep up better,
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Wow, what a lot of poo you have there, Mumbles! By the spring your veggies are going to like that. Good work sir.
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• WoW! Where did that year go to............. Well done to all who participated in this year's Calendar. I hope you all enjoyed your personal progress & maybe picked up a few learning points along the way. Well here's my last ones for 2014. I'm already looking forward to 2015, hope you will join me again.

Pic 1 - N to S with a couple of new beds recently added.

Pic 2 - S to N Leeks & Onions doing well.

Pic 3 - W to E. The experimental telephone peas don't know it's Dec.

Pic 4 - W to E. 8 Builders bags pre filled with manure ready for next years spuds.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Cheers BM for this thread! Loved seeing how all plots who participated developed over the year!

We lost a few on the way such as JJ! Which I was looking forward to seeing progress!

Just wanna say thanks to all who got involved! Loved it!

Now "Bring on the spring"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X