• Wow! Love the pond, BM.
    Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
    Endless wonder.

Comment

• Originally posted by mothhawk View Post
      Wow! Love the pond, BM.
      I'll second that! It looks fantastic.

Comment

• Thank you both, I was fortunate in that it was initially a boggy area about 2 yards from a small stream so I put a divert from the stream to feed the pond, I then put in an overflow back into the stream so have a constant feed of spring water.
        Last edited by Bigmallly; 07-03-2014, 10:57 PM.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Ooh, perhaps a bit late to join in but luckily it's still early and most of my plants aren't out yet.

The newly dug and planted raspberry patch:

The raised beds (from both sides because I can't get all of them into one picture!). You can just about make out the rhubarb that I inherited when I moved here, and the onion sets I planted in November next to the rhubarb. Also some Durham cabbage overwintering, and a redcurrant bush I've potted up for now. The chopped down tree used to be a diseased apple tree which I also inherited, but I'm going to try to turn it into a bench this year.

And finally the dilapidated and also inherited greenhouse, with some of this year's plants and some overwintered plants waiting to go out in a month or so. Plus some daffodils that appeared out of nowhere!
          Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
            I'm also putting a newly dug pond on as I would like to see how it progresses...........[ATTACH=CONFIG]43060[/ATTACH]
            That's not a pond.... That's an Olympic swimming pool!

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
            Last edited by veggiechicken; 10-03-2014, 10:03 PM. Reason: Fixing quote ;)

Comment

• "Diggin" the pond BM, looking forward to see how that progresses!
              "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Some very nice looking plots on here.

Not much change in mine so far this month when looking at it, but I have been working on it! Honest! In fact, today I got covered in year old coffee grind and spread rabbit poop on the beds then had to stop both dogs eating the coffee.

Attached Files
                When weeding, the best way to make sure you are removing a weed and not a valuable plant is to pull on it.
                If it comes out of the ground easily, it is a valuable plant.

Comment

• It's early days KCN, next month should start the changes..............hopefully.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Looking good and all set to go Roeder.

Comment

• From a fellow "Bradfordian" Looking Good! n all the very best of luck to you with it!
                      "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• February 13th

March 13th

The crocuses have been replaced by daffodils and the wooden crate to the left, that I used as a raised bed last year, has been removed. The grass beneath it is recovering but who knows what may be there next month?
                        Attached Files

Comment

• March photos
                          Looking south down the garden. The PSB that survived the frost and snow in November are now looking OK as are the savoys on the left.

Looking north up the garden through the "orchard". All the fruit trees are budding well. You can also just see the wild garlic we planted last autumn coming through on the near right of the photo.

btw what does the message board software do to the photos they always end up looking horrible i.e. very poor quality

Attached Files
                          Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

• March photos

There's a little more colour in the garden:

but not a lot of change to see at the allotment. Last autumn's prunings have been burned and the beds are in various stages of readiness.

Attached Files

Comment

• February March
                              Attached Files
                              Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                              Endless wonder.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...