Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 Calendar

January 2014:

Well, it's that time of year for any of you budding growers wanting to join in this annual calendar........for any newbies, just pick a spot where you can take a pic of your garden or plot every month & watch it transform throughout the year, here are my January pics:
    Attached Files
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

January 2014

Attached Files
    DottyR

Comment

January 6th and largely untouched since October, 2013.

From the west, broad beans and peas just showing in nearest bed.

From the east
      Attached Files
      Le Sarramea https://jgsgardening.blogspot.com/

Comment

Dint anyone get a camera from Santa?...................
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

Will get on this tomoz BM greatly enjoyed last year until the lappy went pear shaped
          He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

I'll put some up too - when I've decided where to take them from this year

Comment

Need to dig another bed yet but waiting for some nicer weather

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum
              Attached Files

Comment

My entire estate.....

North facing back garden

South facing front garden

Attached Files
                Location - Leicestershire - Chisit-land
                Endless wonder.

Comment

Looking South from the shed, savoy cabbages and (remaining!)PSB under netting.

Looking North through the fruit trees towards the house and shed. This picture really shows off the slope!
                  Attached Files
                  Follow my progress in gardening at altitude in France www.750metres.net

Comment

selection from my 2.5 plots

1 is the half section,2 from 1 side looking accross to the 1/2 plot with the pond in the center section,the others are shots from the east looking west,
                    Attached Files
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      I'll put some up too - when I've decided where to take them from this year

Come on VC,i managed it today...VCVCVCVCVCVCVC you get the drift
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Finally got around to taking some photos.

Facing north - this is mid day and there is no sun at all below half way up the fence. Fleece (double layer) warming the ground for onions, PSB in the green net by the fence, leeks are behind the arch, cabbages and raspberries (black pot) on the path.

Facing south - the black pots contain blueberries, carrots in the water butt. The raised bed against the wall has rhubarb and more (rather pathetic) PSB. Under the shelving are some raspberry allgold which I was going to throw out but decided to keep. The cold frame contains strawberries (under the cloche) and on the right is the edge of the veggiemesh cage ready for carrots and brassica later. I haven't decided what to do with the old wooden compost bin, currently storing empty pots and troughs. The area against this wall gets almost no sun even in mid summer.

Near the house, facing north - the hotbin and empty space at present, where I will plant early peas.

The grow light garden, containing December sown peas, lettuce, spinach, pak choi, chervil and broccoli.

Tomatoes on the sitting room windowsill (Shirley).

Attached Files
                        Last edited by Penellype; 12-01-2014, 12:59 PM.
                        A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

We are having a big change around this year as I've been poorly and have struggled to keep on top of things.
                          The 2 pics are very similar, just slightly different angles:

Originally the area from the front of the plot up to the fruit cage was split into 4 large beds for our crop rotation but it has been to much for me so I have gradually, over the autumn/winter started to make the raised beds to reduce the workable size.

The paths will be covered with membrane and chippings.

The big beds on the right are the same size as the internal measurement of the blowaway tunnel. We have permission to put up a proper tunnel max size 8x25ft which will go where the blowaway is (when I can afford it!) and the blowaway will be covered with netting for a walk in brassica cage and can be moved from bed to bed each year.

Well, that's the plan at the moment......
                          Attached Files

Comment

I'm slightly embarrassed about posting my pictures, but at least I might be able to see progress over the year.

View from the bottom of the plot:

View from the top:

Attached Files
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Don't be embarrassed Martin. You'll wonder what all the fuss was about come July.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X