No announcement yet.

James Wong - seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting blog to read as I am about to buy some of James' cucamelon seeds. It's says 20 in the packet so I will be checking when they arrive.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      I bought some seeds of Melothria Scabra (known as Cucamelon by James Wong) from Real Seeds - 12 seeds for £1.94. I'll start some and see how long they take to germinate.
      Just opened the packet - not 12 but 16 seeds, I've sown 5 - now in the heated prop.

Comment

Just opened the packet - not 12 but 16 seeds, I've sown 5 - now in the heated prop.
        I wonder who is actually producing the seeds for the Wong range. (Crikey, I felt a real pun coming on there - over to you VC!)
        "A life lived in fear is a life half lived."

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• Oh, all White, M.
          The RS seeds were in a foil packet (inside a brown envelope) which seemed unusual packaging for RS. I wonder whether the seeds have a short life?

Comment

Oh, all White, M.
            The RS seeds were in a foil packet (inside a brown envelope) which seemed unusual packaging for RS. I wonder whether the seeds have a short life?
            OK I thought you would say they were obviously the wong people to ask judging by the comments on here. Just looked on Real Seeds as they ususally say who has grown for them but can't seem to find cucamelon - maybe all gone or I looked in the wong place.

PS. I just don't have enough time to say hello to everyone as they join so please take this as a delighted to see you here!

Comment

• You can do your own puns,
              Here's the RS page - towards the bottom Vegetable Seed : Cucumbers, gherkins and a few other oddities
              Even names the grower of the seeds

Comment

• This site Cucamelon / Mouse Melon-Underwood Gardens
                claims to have provided cucamelon seeds to Suttons.
                Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Comment

• I've had a few spindlers come through. About 6, they are a sorry sight to behold. They look like spindly weedy little things. I can't see them coming to much at all I am SOOOOOOOO disappointed with this range. Me and the kids (or, the kids and I!) decided to try some really unusual stuff this year. It is the stuff that disappointment is made of I'm afraid The only stuff that is pretty healthy looking is the tomatillos. And that's only because we got carried away and planted loads, so we've had a few to choose from, even they are unhealthy looking though. Next year we'll go back to boring/successful varieties of veg I can't afford to keep paying for seeds that just don't/won't work!
                  You may say I'm a dreamer... But I'm not the only one...

I'm an official nutter - an official 'cropper' of a nutter! I am sooooo pleased to be a cropper! Hurrah!

Comment

You can do your own puns,
                    Here's the RS page - towards the bottom Vegetable Seed : Cucumbers, gherkins and a few other oddities
                    Even names the grower of the seeds
                    Thought they would be there somewhere with all the details.

Comment

• That Mr Wong is a wrong'un IMO

Pooty
                      Potty by name Potty by nature.

By appointment of VeggieChicken Member of the Nutters club.

We hang petty thieves and appoint great ones to public office.

Aesop 620BC-560BC

sigpic

Comment

• I see that Mr Wong is trialling Carosello seeds this year Home - James Wong | Official Site . Although I don't recognise the variety "Mira" there are a lot of Carosello seeds in the VSP, thanks to Sarico and his Italian friends. I have sown a couple of each variety and had excellent germination rates. If you want to be one step ahead of Mr Wong, swap into the VSP. You can guarantee that if Mr Wong's seeds are successful, the seeds will be on sale next year at prices far higher than the VSP

Comment

• still nothing here, im so dissapointed in my lack of cucamelons. luckily as my first year gardening i bit off more than i can chew and have planted loads of different veges and fruits stoopid wong

Comment

• Ok, planted 8 cucamelon seeds this evening. They are in a plastic bag on the kitchen windowsill.

There were 22.5 seeds in my packet of 20 so no complaints on that score. The asparagus pea I bought is a Mr Fothergills one, not James Wong.
                            Likac66

Living in her own purple world

Loving gardening, reading, knitting and crochet.

Comment

• I put I some melotherie (mouse melon. / cucomelon) seeds today - but bought from realseeds who are both reliable and generous! Fingers crossed...those disappointed maybe start with achocha - tiny spiky (soft rubbery spines), rampant and productive, can't fail! Also available from realseeds - and they taste like green peppers only nicer.

Comment

• I wonder if anyone has drawn Mr Wong to us grapes' overall dischuffenment towards his seeds and their apparent unreliability.
                                Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X