No announcement yet.

James Wong - seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought some of these Wong seeds....and by the number that germinated, I have indeed been done a great wong!!

Bought Electric daisies and seakale. 4 weeks on, no daisies have germinated thus far and only 2 of the 10 seakale. Best off buying from a garden centre!!
    Are y'oroight booy?

Comment

I bought about eight packets of various Wong seeds. Aside from the tomatillos I've had nothing come up. Sorry, out of tens and tens of electric daisies about five sprung up weeks ago and have stayed literally as half a centimetre high seedlings! Even the bog standard cape gooseberries haven't germinated. Absolutely awful.
      Last edited by Bane; 29-04-2013, 07:54 AM.

Comment

How disappointing, I just popped on here to see if anyone had any success with these seeds and it seems most are like mine, useless! Goji Berry and Cucuamelon, not a single sprouted seed after 3 weeks In the same tray I planted two rows of Cape Gooseberry which I brought cheap on ebay and looks like every single one of those it up

Comment

Planted 4 cucuamelon two weekends ago and two have just popped above the soil. Still not sign of asparagus peas maybe I should germinate them on kitchen paper?

Comment

Originally posted by sammy_roser View Post
            Planted 4 cucuamelon two weekends ago and two have just popped above the soil. Still not sign of asparagus peas maybe I should germinate them on kitchen paper?
            Strange I brought some asparagus peas (150 seeds - 99p) from Premier seeds on eBay and within two weeks they were all up, the first was less then a week.
            If they look a little dry in the packet you can try soaking them for hours like you would beans or peas (I forgot to with mine) it should increase the germination time by a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by growerkari View Post
              How disappointing, I just popped on here to see if anyone had any success with these seeds and it seems most are like mine, useless! Goji Berry and Cucuamelon, not a single sprouted seed after 3 weeks In the same tray I planted two rows of Cape Gooseberry which I brought cheap on ebay and looks like every single one of those it up
              I was given a Goji Berry seed from a fellow grape and her seed is now a plant over a foot tall grown under polytunnel conditions, I am now considering putting it out. It was not a JW seed. Cucamelons or mouse melons you can buy from Real Seeds. Purslane from Chase Seeds.
              Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better...Albert Einstein

Blog - @Twotheridge: For The Record - Sowing and Growing with a Virgin Veg Grower: Spring Has Now Sprung...Boing! http://vvgsowingandgrowing2012.blogs....html?spref=tw

Comment

:O( not a sign of a cucamelon or a inca berry gutted. Maybe too cold on the window sill. Daisys are up and as are the nasturtium. Too sad at failed cuca's to write anymore.
                Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
                www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes. I was really keen to have a go at the cucamelons, no show for me too. Do you think the seeds are crap so we who were interested buy Wong plants?!

Comment

I bought some seeds of Melothria Scabra (known as Cucamelon by James Wong) from Real Seeds - 12 seeds for £1.94. I'll start some and see how long they take to germinate.

Comment

• Originally posted by smallfrog View Post
                      :O( not a sign of a cucamelon or a inca berry gutted
                      I sowed a few of Scarlet's cape gooseberry (Inca berry) 10 days ago and they've just started to come through. Why not get some from the VSP if there's any left?

Comment

• There are 3 sorts of Cape Gooseberry in the VSP
                        I find them very easy to germinate!
                        With all these negative reports, I do wonder whether there is something fundamentally wrong with this range of seeds. It would be very embarrassing for James Wong and Suttons if there is.

Comment

• I sowed some cucamelons and Inca berry....Got about 50% germination rate on cucamelons and 10% on Inca berry... Hopefully they grow into something productive now...
                          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                          sigpic

Comment

• no sign of my cucamelons yet, but musk melons all germinated within 2 days. Electric daisys up and a couple of inca berries. no asparagus peas yet

Comment

• Loved the electric daisy vid on you tube . Thanks Veggiechicken maybe you'll link it again if people want it.
                              I was blaming myself on the seeds but with everybody reporting back the same thing questions should maybe be raised. I'm sure the folks at gardening which might have something to say. I do feel bad for James these celebs put there name to something and that's all it is really is his name. Sutton's will have got a supplier in and somewhere in that chain something seems to have gone pair shaped. Its not in either of there interests to upset us all. Would be nice to think Suttons / Wong are looking into the problem because I'd look at another supplier to buy them from next time.
                              Growing vegetables and flowers to share.
                              www.takeoneseed.wordpress.com

Comment

• Anyone who has had disappointing results with this range of seeds needs to contact the supplier. If you don't tell them they are rubbish they won't know.

You may also get a refund

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X