Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potted on courgettes they’re back on the window sills.

The stem on one of my Beth Alpha cucs had rotted it was just holding on till I started to pot it on. It’s now in a jar of water I’m hoping it’s going to root.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Planted out some leeks, sweet corn and pumpkins as well as a couple of courgettes
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Planted out peas
        Sowed, turnip , radish and beetroot direct (may do nothing)
        Helped OH sorting lawn patches (dog), lawn now looks like we have had a backward mole.
        Sowed more runners.
        Northern England.

Comment

• Another day spent repotting and sorting through all my overwintered pots.
          Makes it all worth while whenI empty one out and find it infested with vine weevil grubs. The birds love em!
          Really chuffed to discover more dahlias have survived the winter , I was sure, with all the rain we had this year, they would have rotted but no! So I now have a bed full to the brim of dahlias, providing of course, they don't get munched by slugs now they're poking their little shoots up...
          Why is it when I write what I have spent all day doing it amounts to only few lines, but took hours and hours and hours!
          It's very disheartening! 🤪
          Nestled somewhere in the Cambridgeshire Fens. Good soil, strong winds and 4 Giant Puffballs!
          Always aim for the best result possible not the best possible result

Forever indebted to Potstubsdustbins

Comment

• I said same to OH. I was tired after being busy all day but couldn't see I had done much.
            Northern England.

Comment

• Second batches of mangetout (carouby de maussane) & broadies (aquadulce claudia) planted out on Saturday. Will be interesting to see if this extends the harvest or if they just catch each other up.

Cabbage (golden acre) & parsnips (white gem) planted out on Sunday.

Otherwise mostly just weeding & raking.

Comment

• Yesterday I strimmed the path edges, earthed up the potatoes, did a bit of weeding, removed the overwintering peach tree and cape gooseberry plants from the greenhouse, and dug over the greenhouse beds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                  Potted on courgettes they’re back on the window sills
                  Change of plan courgettes and cucs are now in the GH. They’re getting a bit large to stay on the window sills.

Comment

• Deadheading and watering in the gh
                    Northern England.

Comment

• Potted on sunflowers, nasturtiums, basil and kales.

Comment

• Planted out my sweet peas this morning between the showers.

Comment

• Planted out 6 tomatoes, 12 peppers, and 3 litchi tomatoes in the greenhouse.
                          Did some digging (still quite a bit left to go).

Comment

• bren where do you plant your sweet peas?
                            I've always put them in my big in situe pots in the garden but thinking some in the ground. (With plenty of slug control I'd guess)
                            Northern England.

Comment

• CG my sweet peas are all planted in large pots/containers they do seem to get eaten to much in the ground.

Comment

• Sowed spring onions, white and purple kohl rabi and pak choi. Potted on basil and achocha. Sawed up some drain pipe to sow runner beans into.
                                Location:- Rugby, Warwckshire on Limy clay (within sight of the Cement factory)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X