No announcement yet.

James Wong - seeds

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BTW...I called Suttons this morning and told them my problem. They didn't have a solution and didn't know anything about wintergreen needing a cold spell. Anyhow, they are sending me replacement packs for everything I am having issues with. So I suppose this is resoltion of sorts.

Comment

• Don't count on it - my replacement pack was emptier than Chris' poacher's pocket.

Comment

• I've been meaning to get his chick peas seeds, after reading the article. I don't think I'll bother now.
        Built for comfort, not speed!

Comment

• just buy some dried chick peas from the supermarket,plant some to try & eat the rest.probably cheaper than buying them as "seeds"
          don't be afraid to innovate and try new things
          remember.........only the dead fish go with the flow

Another certified member of the Nutters club

Comment

• Tree Chilli

Hi all, new here. Firstly, just to say, what a superb forum!

Received my Tree Chilli from Suttons Seeds today. It's about 5/6 inches high, just wondering if any of you have any experience of them, what size pot to put it in etc? I know that whilst it can put up with far harsher temperatures than other chillis it'll need to come indoors for the worst of it. For that reason I'm tempted not to put in a massive pot, but don't won't to restrict it too much.

Keep most of my "normal" chillis inside or in the greenhouse (discovered a bit of an aphid infestation in there yesterday ), so growing them outside for more than a few months in the summer is new to me.

Also, can I expect it to fruit this year? Any thoughts on feeding it?!

Thanks all and nice to be here
            Last edited by Luckylion; 21-06-2013, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Just looked at the Suttons site, and apparently the Tree Chilli is actually Capsicum pubescens. Link here about it Chilli Plants Capsicum Pubescens

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylion View Post
                Hi all, new here. Firstly, just to say, what a superb forum!

Received my Tree Chilli from Suttons Seeds today. It's about 5/6 inches high, just wondering if any of you have any experience of them, what size pot to put it in etc? I know that whilst it can put up with far harsher temperatures than other chillis it'll need to come indoors for the worst of it. for that reason I'm tempted not to put in a massive pot, but don't won't to restrict it too much.

Keep most of my "normal" chillis inside or in the greenhouse (discovered a bit of an aphid infestation in there yesterday ), so growing them outside for more than a few months in the summer is new to me.

Also, can I expect it to fruit this year?

Thanks all and nice to be here
                You might get more (and more appropriate) answers if you start a new thread...This one is specificially relating to issues (or not) with James Wong seed range..

and welcome to the Vine
                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rustylady View Post
                  Just looked at the Suttons site, and apparently the Tree Chilli is actually Capsicum pubescens. Link here about it Chilli Plants Capsicum Pubescens
                  Thanks for that actually had found that site, pretty good, but almost like a rip-off from Wiki, or more likely the other way round!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
                    You might get more (and more appropriate) answers if you start a new thread...This one is specificially relating to issues (or not) with James Wong seed range..

and welcome to the Vine
                    I'm sure you're right, first post shyness clearly!

Comment

• Originally posted by snakeshack View Post
                      just buy some dried chick peas from the supermarket,plant some to try & eat the rest.probably cheaper than buying them as "seeds"
                      I've tried the local DaTescoBurySon but no one seems to have them. Gonna try the local asian shops.
                      Built for comfort, not speed!

Comment

• Originally posted by hamsterhead View Post
                        I've tried the local DaTescoBurySon but no one seems to have them. Gonna try the local asian shops.
                        I'd be more inclined to try the local health shop (holland & Barrett) or similar
                        In the following link you can follow my recent progress on the plot

https://www.youtube.com/user/darcyvuqua?feature=watch

Comment

• I thought the chickpea variety he picked out was specifically for the cooler climate.
                          If you search these forums for chickpea you'll see a lot of people have tried shop brought and the results have always been mixed, but general conscious was the crop size didn't justify the space used.
                          I was very interested in the idea of growing chickpeas, but the seed cost was too much for just a curiosity plant.

Comment

• Well the radish rat tails have gone mad, grown huge, flowered, flowers have dropped off and so far no seed pods. Any idea if they are still likely to appear or if I should dig them up and give the space to my crops that need it

Comment

• Originally posted by sammy_roser View Post
                              Well the radish rat tails have gone mad, grown huge, flowered, flowers have dropped off and so far no seed pods. Any idea if they are still likely to appear or if I should dig them up and give the space to my crops that need it
                              Don't quote me on this.
                              Mine started flowering in the last two weeks and a lot of them have bloomed and fell off.
                              If you look were the flower was there should be a little reddish stem about 1cm long. On mine they have started to swell and grow which I presume means its the beginning of the pod.
                              No idea who long it will be before they are edible size and the suspense is killing me as there are a ridiculous amount of flowers and flower buds.

Comment

• Good to get a heads up on the seeds issue, I'm loving his book but had thought the seeds via his website were a bit pricey. Will def look elsewhere.
                                Allotment progress in pictures http://vegandkids.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X