No announcement yet.

Armpitted Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phew, just what I needed! My lotty buddy was in charge of tom sowinghis year, but on sowed 3 cordons and 2 hanging bush. Not nearly enough for 4 adults and two kids. We had many more last yaer and even that wasnt enough! This will aid my tomato multiplication! many thanks
    http://newshoots.weebly.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/New-S...785438?fref=ts

Comment

I put the shoots in a glass of water for a few days and when they start to sprout i pot them on.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Right - I've just checked the first one and it now has roots at the bottom of the module.

So, it can now go into a little pot, and then join the rest of the collection of toms in the greenhouse.

Comment

Good isn't it? I've given away one of the Cherokee Purples. The other is now about 6" high and looking good!
          Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

I need to walk away from this thread, already have about 50 odd tomatoes and not enough space to house them all, the last thing I need is anymore! Most of mine aren't producing side shoots yet anyway which is perhaps as well

Some of us live in the past, always talking about back then. Some of us live in the future, always planning what we are going to do. And, then there are those, who neither look behind or ahead, but just enjoy the moment of right now.

Which one are you and is it how you want to be?

Comment

I've snapped a couple branches (?) off some toms when repotting them - have tried to pot those up, but htey flop over and just die. Does ths only work with the armpits? :/

Comment

Originally posted by chrismarks View Post
                I've snapped a couple branches (?) off some toms when repotting them - have tried to pot those up, but htey flop over and just die. Does ths only work with the armpits? :/
                If it is just the leaves, with no growing tip then they won't work. They have to have a growing tip.

How long are you leaving them? A week [well watered, don't let them dry out] usually does it.

Comment

tomato cuttings

hi all
                  can anyone tell me how or if i can take cuttings from tomato plants
                  thanks all!
                  The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.

- Alfred Austin

Comment

What sort of cuttings?
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

cuttings to make new plants, seem to remember reading something about it on here once.
                      The glory of gardening: hands in the dirt, head in the sun, heart with nature. To nurture a garden is to feed not just on the body, but the soul.

- Alfred Austin

Comment

milly - I've merged your thread with the current tomato arm pit cuttings thread.....does this help?

Comment

Originally posted by Alison View Post
                          I need to walk away from this thread, already have about 50 odd tomatoes and not enough space to house them all, the last thing I need is anymore! Most of mine aren't producing side shoots yet anyway which is perhaps as well
                          Me too I had 125 before I starting giving them away!! Will remember this for next year though
                          Last edited by Jacksprat; 27-05-2010, 03:30 PM.

Comment

I've just potted my first pit! I'm planting loads to try and avoid last years no1 cause of fall outs in our house: Finding Ants in my greenhouse scoffing ALL my precious toms!
                            The Impulsive Gardener

www.theimpulsivegardener.com

Chelsea Uribe Garden Design www.chelseauribe.com

Comment

I have 4 armpitted tomatoes. They are in a bit of shade and light and have drooped but giving them a week to see how it goes..

Comment

They do droop at first. I usually think they're not going to make it and then find them a week or so later.
                                Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X