No announcement yet.

Armpitted Tomatoes

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always grow my tomatoes in the garden, straight into the ground and they grow wonderfully, we have gault clay a few inches down and I think it must retain moisture for them. Were you thinking of growing them in the flower garden? I grew runner beans in my borders last year.

Comment

Checked mine this morning... and wow some of my side shoots are 1-2 feet high! I didn't realise what they were..

Am I too late to pinch them out?

Comment

Give it a whirl - they've got 2 chances!
        Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

good point, heh

Comment

Just re-read the fist page of this thread. Where else would you read 'I have three armpits, all doing well?'

Don't you love this place?
            Whoever plants a garden believes in the future.

www.vegheaven.blogspot.com Updated March 9th - Spring

Comment

Planted veg in between flowers everywhere!

Originally posted by hamsterqueen View Post
              I always grow my tomatoes in the garden, straight into the ground and they grow wonderfully, we have gault clay a few inches down and I think it must retain moisture for them. Were you thinking of growing them in the flower garden? I grew runner beans in my borders last year.
              I have planted 3 different types of tomatoes in between the flowers and shrubs in my borders, as well as herbs, Kale Garlic and and chili's. I also have loads in pots, but they have been a bit windswept, and some of the pots are a bit small for them.The tom's in the beds are fine and one has baby tom's,though most are just flowering yet. It's all a bit of a surprise really (my garden is very windy,and we have had cool evenings here over the last few months),although I used to grow veg this way in South Africa. Pots are new to me!
              The chilies outside are quite a way behind the ones on my windowsills though. I have had to water lots though as we have not had much rain, and it is Scotland??!! Our ground is not good, though I have dug and improved. I suppose though the test will be in the results and taste. Something to look forward to.

The armpit idea might work better for me as the plants should not be as tall,and therefore It would not look like a sea of canes!!!!!!!!!Have just put some in water to try.
              I will take some photo's in the next few days so that I can compare results and put them online.

Regards all and happy growing,
              Mizjazzi

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
              Working...
              X