No announcement yet.

Square foot gardening.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going for the square foot approach and can't wait to get growing. Any tips for what to plant out now? It's a relatively recent idea so I've not sown any seed but I can get my hands on some plug plants to get it started. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
      And back to SFG ............

Was it my link in this post Littlefox ??? ......... http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1140005
      Hi BB,

Thanks, but unfortunately nope, I am now starting to think I've imagined it, or it was another PDF on another subject. Anyhow, I've gone through all the pages on the thread and checked out all the links, and there are some great planning ones which was exactly what I really needed.

Thanks again,

LF

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by bumear View Post
        I'm going for the square foot approach and can't wait to get growing. Any tips for what to plant out now? It's a relatively recent idea so I've not sown any seed but I can get my hands on some plug plants to get it started. Thanks in advance.
        Your Autumn planting Brassicas can go in one square. Japanese onions can be planted 9 per square, Garlic can also go 9 per sq. I'm sure there are more but my mind is blank at the mo.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
        --------------------------------------------------------------------
        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------
        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
        -----------------------------------------------------------
        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlefox2000 View Post
          Hi everyone, I'm sure someone very kindly posted a PDF of what crops and how many per square...but being a bit of a doofus, I didn't save it and now can't find it. Could some one point me in the right directions?

Thanks,

LF
          Is this what you are looking for?
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Comment

• Managed to get my hands on the sqaure foot gardening second edition by mel bartholomew. Nice bit of lunchtime reading today I think

Comment

• For all you square footers here is a good looking planner for you to try:

Sites-Gardeners-Site
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                For all you square footers here is a good looking planner for you to try:

Sites-Gardeners-Site
                Thanks bigmallly, much appreciated

Comment

For all you square footers here is a good looking planner for you to try:

Sites-Gardeners-Site
                  That's a good link BM - Ta
                  I like the pre-planned gardens Sites-Gardeners-Site for ideas on layout and there's lots of interesting info about all sorts of things. I've BM'd it (BookMarked)

Comment

• Ah, there's not going to be a square foot category in our Virtual Show this year! Never mind, here are some pix of one of my square foot beds anyway:

In June:

In July:

Attached Files
                    My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Just imagine what it will be like next year..............

Comment

Just imagine what it will be like next year..............
                        I know: I can't wait to plant it all up again. I have plans for a clever fold-down bean trellis...

Comment

• What a good idea. Make the trellis 1ft square then when folded down it can become your grid.
                          Last edited by Bigmallly; 05-08-2014, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Really wish is have planted extra cabbages like you suggested noosner. They have been eaten within an inch of there life. Not fit for consumption x
                            My favourite vegetable is steak

Comment

• Originally posted by kitchengardener View Post
                              Really wish is have planted extra cabbages like you suggested noosner. They have been eaten within an inch of there life. Not fit for consumption x
                              Have you tried netting them, even at this late stage, KG? Was just saying on another thread how that advice has proved lifesaving to my ravaged brassicas. Last weekend I was ready to chuck them all. This weekend, after a week under a net, they look amazingly healthy.

Comment

• I think netting-after-the-fact less likely to be a good solution for Cabbages, compared to other brassicas (unless the plants are still relatively young, and not started to heart-up), but they might turn into Spring Greens at least.
                                K's Garden blog the story of the creation of our garden

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X