No announcement yet.

Square foot gardening.

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brilliant Noosner, I'm glad you enjoyed SFG.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Hey BM this thread has achieved recognition on the MSE website .. MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - New raised beds for 2014
      He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

• Fame eh? ...it's great to think how far we reach out and help other people isn't it?
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Ah, that would be my doing can't keep a good secret to yourselves I thought.

Comment

• Quite right too, Tadpole

Comment

• Hello square footers, just wanted to let you know I have built a new metre square bed, using my new drill. I think the builders' yard folks saw me coming, as they sold me a warped piece of wood (though they did let me have it half price). It is 9" deep so perfect in other respects. I shall say that the gentle curves are a design feature, if challenged!

So pleased that there is still stuff to sow in July. I have 37 squares now in total. Will post some pix soon.
              My Autumn 2016 blog entry, all about Plum Glut Guilt:

http://www.mandysutter.com/plum-crazy/

Comment

• Hi everyone, I'm sure someone very kindly posted a PDF of what crops and how many per square...but being a bit of a doofus, I didn't save it and now can't find it. Could some one point me in the right directions?

Thanks,

LF

Comment

• There's one in the first post http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post618391

Comment

• Thanks VeggieChicken, I saw this one...but it was another PDF I was meaning. It wasn't posted long ago...maybe a couple of week...?

Maybe I'm having a mad moment and imagining it...thank you anyhow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                      I tried planting by the moon last year, bought the book & calendar then lost the will to live. I couldn't keep up with it. My problem not the system.

No its the system.
                      photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• It's a generations old system Bill & many people today plant by the moon. I don't think it is fair to knock something that doesn't appeal to you.
                        Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-08-2014, 10:46 AM.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                          It's a generations old system Bill & many people today plant by the moon. I don't think it is fair to knock something that doesn't appeal to you.
                          I wouldn't dream of "Knocking it" BM, and if people regard it as worthwhile who am I to criticise their actions. However it would be sad day for the vine if people are not allowed to have an opinion and express it for fear of reprisals or censure. Its like the elephant in the room and I would welcome a polite and healthy debate about the subject.
                          photo album of my garden in my profile http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...my+garden.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
                            Its like the elephant in the room and I would welcome a polite and healthy debate about the subject.
                            A polite and healthy debate between science and faith is impossible. It's best just to ignore the elephant.
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• This is a SFG thread Bill, not Moon planting. Its a big enough thread to read through as it is without going off on a tangent (as if I would )
                              We can have a civilised discussion about Planting by the Moon, if you want to start a thread, just as long as everyone keeps it civilised and doesn't start mocking others for their beliefs.
                              Last edited by veggiechicken; 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM.

Comment

• And back to SFG ............

Originally posted by Littlefox2000 View Post
                                Thanks VeggieChicken, I saw this one...but it was another PDF I was meaning. It wasn't posted long ago...maybe a couple of week...?

Maybe I'm having a mad moment and imagining it...thank you anyhow.
                                Was it my link in this post Littlefox ??? ......... http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1140005
                                Last edited by bearded bloke; 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM. Reason: plankism
                                He who smiles in the face of adversity,has already decided who to blame

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X