Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scarlet
    replied
    It's not you...I have the same trouble, are you using an ipad or iphone? It's a software problem

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    Sorry I have tried to right this photo! It went in the right way up, I have no idea how it ended up upside down...I don't live in Australia!

I've tried again taking a new photo and still it uploads upside down...I have no idea what I am doing sorry!
    Last edited by Jay22; 19-06-2014, 07:56 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Jay22
    replied
    A big thank you to everyone who gave me advice on square foot gardening. Thought you would like to see my progress. I've started with one very small raised bed this year as it is my first time growing veg but if successful I have more in the shed to make up next year! Anyway big thanks to everyone for their help. Here is my first attempt at growing anything!

Attached Files
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 19-06-2014, 09:39 AM. Reason: spinning pictures

Leave a comment:

• Noosner
    replied
    Originally posted by eospete View Post
    For 100l bags of vermiculite try lbs garden warehouse.co.uk
    £26.61... Plant It is still the cheapest of the conventional suppliers.

Leave a comment:

• eospete
    replied
    For 100l bags of vermiculite try lbs garden warehouse.co.uk

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Try a builders merchants or a fireplace installer. They use it for insulating chimneys (I think).

Leave a comment:

• Noosner
    replied
    Oh that's very good, Maverick! No store near me, unfortunately, so I might as well pay for delivery.

Leave a comment:

• maverick451
    replied
    Just to add

Ive done a bit of searching, the company that produces the bags PLant !T sells though their hydrogarden company and using the following page you can search for a local company that stocks the vermiculite

Ive found a local hydroponics company a few miles away so I can pick up 100l for £20

https://www.hydrogarden.com/find-retailer.asp
    Last edited by maverick451; 14-06-2014, 09:05 AM.

Leave a comment:

• maverick451
    replied
    That looks a pretty good price

Leave a comment:

• Noosner
    replied
    That helps a lot, VC.

Also I just googled and discovered you can get 100L for £23 on Amazon, free delivery, which isn't too bad and certainly cheaper than Wilko's. Feel like a numpty for paying nearly a fiver at B&Q. What a rip-off!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...OKL5A1OLE&pf_r
    Last edited by Noosner; 14-06-2014, 07:47 AM.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    Does this help?
    http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ion_77264.html

Leave a comment:

• Noosner
    replied
    I've only used about an eighth vermiculite, on expense grounds. Didn't know it broke down with time! Thanks for Wilko's tip, Tadpole.

Leave a comment:

• Tadpole123
    replied
    Originally posted by Noosner View Post
    Let me know if you find a cheaper supply anywhere though.

Wilkinsons £3.75 for 10 ltrs

Leave a comment:

• maverick451
    replied
    Yeah I got some from B&Q but it would cost me a small fortune to fill up my beds with those.

The cheapest ive sold so far is about £44ish for 200L on ebay, I dont think ill use 1/3 vermiculite, its just too expensive although I have to admit when I did the mix a few years ago the soil mix was a joy to work with, so light and fine.

It also breaks down after a few years aswell.

Leave a comment:

• Noosner
    replied
    Let me know if you find a cheaper supply anywhere though.

Last edited by Noosner; 13-06-2014, 05:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X