Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bumear
    replied
    Managed to get my hands on the sqaure foot gardening second edition by mel bartholomew. Nice bit of lunchtime reading today I think

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Leave a comment:

• joyceybabe
    replied
    Originally posted by Littlefox2000 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm sure someone very kindly posted a PDF of what crops and how many per square...but being a bit of a doofus, I didn't save it and now can't find it. Could some one point me in the right directions?

Thanks,

LF
    Is this what you are looking for?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...hl=en_GB#gid=0

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    Originally posted by bumear View Post
    I'm going for the square foot approach and can't wait to get growing. Any tips for what to plant out now? It's a relatively recent idea so I've not sown any seed but I can get my hands on some plug plants to get it started. Thanks in advance.
    Your Autumn planting Brassicas can go in one square. Japanese onions can be planted 9 per square, Garlic can also go 9 per sq. I'm sure there are more but my mind is blank at the mo.

Leave a comment:

• Littlefox2000
    replied
    Originally posted by bearded bloke View Post
    And back to SFG ............

Was it my link in this post Littlefox ??? ......... http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1140005
    Hi BB,

Thanks, but unfortunately nope, I am now starting to think I've imagined it, or it was another PDF on another subject. Anyhow, I've gone through all the pages on the thread and checked out all the links, and there are some great planning ones which was exactly what I really needed.

Thanks again,

LF

Sent from my iPad using Grow Your Own Forum

Leave a comment:

• bumear
    replied
    I'm going for the square foot approach and can't wait to get growing. Any tips for what to plant out now? It's a relatively recent idea so I've not sown any seed but I can get my hands on some plug plants to get it started. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Grow Your Own Forum

Leave a comment:

• bearded bloke
    replied
    And back to SFG ............

Originally posted by Littlefox2000 View Post
    Thanks VeggieChicken, I saw this one...but it was another PDF I was meaning. It wasn't posted long ago...maybe a couple of week...?

Maybe I'm having a mad moment and imagining it...thank you anyhow.
    Was it my link in this post Littlefox ??? ......... http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1140005
    Last edited by bearded bloke; 04-08-2014, 02:30 PM. Reason: plankism

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    This is a SFG thread Bill, not Moon planting. Its a big enough thread to read through as it is without going off on a tangent (as if I would )
    We can have a civilised discussion about Planting by the Moon, if you want to start a thread, just as long as everyone keeps it civilised and doesn't start mocking others for their beliefs.
    Last edited by veggiechicken; 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Martin H
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill HH View Post
    Its like the elephant in the room and I would welcome a polite and healthy debate about the subject.
    A polite and healthy debate between science and faith is impossible. It's best just to ignore the elephant.

Leave a comment:

• Bill HH
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    It's a generations old system Bill & many people today plant by the moon. I don't think it is fair to knock something that doesn't appeal to you.
    I wouldn't dream of "Knocking it" BM, and if people regard it as worthwhile who am I to criticise their actions. However it would be sad day for the vine if people are not allowed to have an opinion and express it for fear of reprisals or censure. Its like the elephant in the room and I would welcome a polite and healthy debate about the subject.

Leave a comment:

• Bigmallly
    replied
    It's a generations old system Bill & many people today plant by the moon. I don't think it is fair to knock something that doesn't appeal to you.
    Last edited by Bigmallly; 04-08-2014, 10:46 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Bill HH
    replied
    Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
    I tried planting by the moon last year, bought the book & calendar then lost the will to live. I couldn't keep up with it. My problem not the system.

No its the system.

Leave a comment:

• Littlefox2000
    replied
    Thanks VeggieChicken, I saw this one...but it was another PDF I was meaning. It wasn't posted long ago...maybe a couple of week...?

Maybe I'm having a mad moment and imagining it...thank you anyhow.

Leave a comment:

• veggiechicken
    replied
    There's one in the first post http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...tml#post618391

Leave a comment:

• Littlefox2000
    replied
    Hi everyone, I'm sure someone very kindly posted a PDF of what crops and how many per square...but being a bit of a doofus, I didn't save it and now can't find it. Could some one point me in the right directions?

Thanks,

LF

Leave a comment:

• Noosner
    replied
    Hello square footers, just wanted to let you know I have built a new metre square bed, using my new drill. I think the builders' yard folks saw me coming, as they sold me a warped piece of wood (though they did let me have it half price). It is 9" deep so perfect in other respects. I shall say that the gentle curves are a design feature, if challenged!

So pleased that there is still stuff to sow in July. I have 37 squares now in total. Will post some pix soon.

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
Working...
X