Collapse

This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strangely, we've had no wind at all here. I hope you all stay safe down south and don't get any wind damage.

Comment

• It was very draughty up at the allotment.
      I got two eggs from a flock of four hens and one cockerel.
      The wind blew the cover off a water butt and cartwheeled it across the plot.
      It also emptied the bird feeder making all the small birds feed on the ground.
      Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• I’m glad we left out extra seeds and nuts for our birds.
        Goodness knows how they managed to fly onto the feeders.
        At one point I was watching a great tit spinning around grasping onto the feeder.

Quite humbling to be honest.

Much calmer here now
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I hope everyone survived the storm undamaged.

There are still warnings today, tomorrow and Monday for wind and rain for parts of the country. Some of the models (but not the Met Office) are also showing the threat of heavy snow for the central band of the country this afternoon. Please be aware of this if you are travelling in this area, particularly on higher ground. This is the GFS forecast for 3pm:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-02-19 09.21.50.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	112.7 KB
ID:	2541471
          A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• It’s been snowing here for the past hour Pen.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Bit of snow this morning but it's been a fine, sunny day so it mostly melted by lunchtime.

Comment

• Couple of hours of heavy wet snow here this afternoon - still some on the grass but otherwise it is melting.
                A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP. - Leonard Nimoy

Comment

• Another named storm, Franklin, incoming tonight into tomorrow. There is a yellow warning of wind for much of England and Wales and an amber warning for N Ireland. There is also a yellow warning of rain for parts of the north west today - check your flood warnings if you live there. The ground in many places is now saturated so be aware of the possibility of surface flooding or standing water almost anywhere.
                  Last edited by Penellype; 20-02-2022, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Oh good grief..it’s never ending is it?

Comment

• It seems to be a new storm every day wonder why they didn't group them together.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• That’s what I was wondering Bren.

Comment

• Each storm is an entity in itself, which is why they get separate names. They're apparently being driven along by a very strong jet stream. However as a resident of the North-West I can safely say - enough with the rain already. There's water coming out of the grass! Not bothering putting the fence back up until later in the week looking at the forecast, wind gusts for Franklin are higher here than for Eunice. Wind gusts to mid-week are not much lower.

Comment

• I went to feed the hens during a lull in the rain.
                            There was a short blast of hail causing me to retreat to the shed and the hens to retreat to there roost.
                            It wasn't good for doing anything else outside.
                            Near Worksop on heavy clay soil

Comment

• My bubble wrap house I made to protect the peach from rain/leaf curl & some geraniums,it was being blown about,couldn’t cope with the wind,I took it down thinking it hasn’t rained anyway,it’ll be alright. We’re having the heaviest downpour of rain at the moment,oh well lol

Comment

• Force 7 and rainy all day so no chance of gardening.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X