• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French beans
    Potatoes
    Tomatoes
    A beetroot
    Tenderstem broccoli
    6 massive Williams pears (averaged 270g each). Three of the six fell off in the strong winds a couple days ago, so I figured the rest were probably ready to pick, too, and they certainly came off easily. Now I just need to ripen them for a week or two indoors.
    Last edited by ameno; 23-08-2020, 04:59 AM.

Comment

• The rest of our potatoes for storage as the voles were munching their way through them.
      Our first tomatoes -I sowed gardeners delight (from a package) and pineapple -and these are small red cherry toms!
      French beans
      Courgette
      Cucumber
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes, courgette, french beans, lots of windfall apples and my first SWEETCORN of the year.

Comment

• Carrots, potatoes, runners, french beans, Toms, herbs, raspberries and blackberries.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Yesterday, a few tomatoes, peas, some Prairie Fire chillies, the second Hawk's Claw chilli, a sweet pepper (black!), courgettes, raspberries, sage and parsley.

Today, climbing french beans, more peas, a few more tomatoes, calabrese, more rain water

Comment

• Today's harvest. Blackberries, tomatoes, peppers, chillis, beans, Cape gooseberries, sprouting brocolli and corn.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Don't want to sound like a broken record, but don't forget to take some photos for the virtual show, just for fun.

I am picking tomatoes daily, Gardeners delight, Red Pear, Breakfast and Ailsa Craig are cropping quite well, also Hungarian hot wax chillies and Cayenne and sweet peppers too. Might get a ridge cucumber today as well and I see a couple of Butternut squashes are doing ok too.

Comment

• Keep on reminding us burnie!
                  I've taken a few piccies already but hoping for better ones as my entries.
                  Not been a good year for us so I'm sure others will have better entries!

Today I picked a small handful of strawberries and raspberries and a bowlful of French beans.
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I noticed a pear on the soil so I picked most of them (two left I think) it was a relief for the branches that are quite bendy,also the first black & brown boar tomato & two black cherry tomatoes. I picked some of the tiny yellow plums,that’s a penny to show the size,I thin them a lot to try & get them bigger but this is the size again they taste good & sweet like plum

Comment

• PRaspberries, blackberries both for the freezer, Charlottes and chard both to go in a Saag aloo.

Comment

• Sweetcorn.

Comment

• Sweet Million tomatoes and basil - does it count if they never made it to the kitchen?
                          East Berkshire

There are no gardening mistakes, only experiments.

Comment

• Chard, Toms and Charlottes for a Saag aloo then mint and a cuc to make a dip.
                            Last edited by Bren In Pots; 25-08-2020, 10:42 AM.

Comment

• An awful lot of my fruit and veg rarely make it to the house lol

Comment

• Another kg of assorted tomatoes (before the storm ramps up)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X