Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like it'll be another lettuce and strawberries!
    Our mint is coming up nicely now so I'll take some of that too.
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• More strawberries.

Comment

• Radishes, radishes and more radishes......

Comment

• My peas in the greenhouse are around 4 foot tall and getting loads of pods, just hope they grow some peas in them. Had radish from the garden and lettuce from the greenhouse yesterday

Comment

• Today I think I might treat myself to another lettuce and ooo...let me think....some more strawberries???

Comment

• I sowed over a hundred peas in October,about five foot from my compost bin (where the mouse lives) so they were ready to harvest the other day,all three pea pods,eleven peas was my return lol I won’t plant them that close to mouse hotel again,it was too easy access. Our cat,for months he’s been sitting staring at the compost bin,mice are clever little creatures,I wonder do they watch us,see what we’re getting up to with pea packets.

Comment

• The other day I decided to harvest a single scorzonera plant growing in one of my beds.

After about half an hour wrestling with it which involved digging a deep pit next to it, blasting it the roots with a jet of water then lying flat on the bed with my arm thrust into the muddy hole tbe darn thing snapped and I wasn't able to get the whole root out.

So wrestling for half an hour with one scorzonera gave a root which was almost 3 pounds in weight and will last a while.

There's another scorzonera growing at the end of the bed.

Another in the bed next to it.

A dozen in a bed in the New Territories.

Theres still the possibility that thisrplant will be back next year. I think this is the third time I've harvested it. Hopefully taking that much root and the two bin bag full of greens will weaken it enough that it dies off for good this time.

New all singing all dancing blog - Jasons Jungle

�I have not failed 1,000 times. I have successfully discovered 1,000 ways to NOT make a light bulb."
                ― Thomas A. Edison

�Negative results are just what I want. They�re just as valuable to me as positive results. I can never find the thing that does the job best until I find the ones that don�t.�
                ― Thomas A. Edison

- I must be a Nutter,VC says so -

Comment

• Mixed lettuce, land cress, basil chives, radishes and the last of my Kale.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Asparagus, mixed salad, overwintering onion, peas and strawbs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Harvest.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	432.1 KB
ID:	2497688
                    Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• The first of my tenderstem broccoli. Just two golf ball-sized heads, mind.

Comment

• Well...hmmm....another lettuce and some more strawberries!

Comment

• Just radish and lettuce here with a few strawberries, but the peas and carrots in the greenhouse are galloping along, I was worried the peas might not get pollinated, but I can see them developing in the pods.

Comment

• Just the same as usual lettuce, land cress, radishes, chives and cress. Really looking forward to having some toms and cucs.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• A small amount of rhubarb.
                              It's not growing so much in this dry weather, so I made a rhubarb and strawberry crumble.

Originally posted by burnie View Post
                              Just radish and lettuce here with a few strawberries, but the peas and carrots in the greenhouse are galloping along, I was worried the peas might not get pollinated, but I can see them developing in the pods.
                              Peas are self-pollinating, and need no insects. In fact, they apparently often complete pollination before the flower even opens.

Comment

• Strawbs, lettuce, spinach, coriander and used a white rot garlic bulb. Also picked a few calendula for a vase.
                                Last edited by Mr Bones; 02-06-2020, 05:53 AM. Reason: forgot the flowers
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X