No announcement yet.

How many Courgettes, squashes and cucumbers have you picked in 2019

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Cukes 46+ 3 = 49 (from the bed I missed yesterday- so straight to the compost I am afraid.)
    2. Courgettes 16+2 =18 1 chiario di nezza and 1 1 ball. Planning on stuffed courgettes for tomorrows supper
    3. Squash 3
    V.P.
    The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	C44A3BA3-3F97-4D62-8AAE-21B63FCD8F71.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	2384837
      Have always found courgettes really easy to grow but I am having a dreadful year this year. Not sure if it’s just that I am growing a different type but I’ve had very little to harvest. I now see that they are starting to rot before they get to any decent size. Have attached a picture anyone got any ideas? I had been started to remove the flowers once they were done as I thought they might be the cause of the rotting but don’t think now that is the case.

Comment

• Not been a great year for me, either - I think it's a pollination issue, those rotten ones look like aborted fruit. I've had a lot of wonky fruit, and the flower has gone rotten and mushy on the ends of the courgettes without falling off for some reason. I think it's all the wet weather we've had, the bees are staying at home.
        He-Pep!

Comment

• Mine were very slow to get started, but are pretty much perfect now... sorry.

4 more courgettes.

Totals 31 courgettes, 1 cuc

This is the haul that got made into 18 portions of pasta sauce and five bags of grated courgette.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cc.jpg
Size:	109.4 KB
ID:	2384844

Comment

• Originally posted by annie8 View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]88258[/ATTACH]
            Have always found courgettes really easy to grow but I am having a dreadful year this year. Not sure if it’s just that I am growing a different type but I’ve had very little to harvest. I now see that they are starting to rot before they get to any decent size. Have attached a picture anyone got any ideas? I had been started to remove the flowers once they were done as I thought they might be the cause of the rotting but don’t think now that is the case.
            Like bario said probably not pollinated. I always help the cucurbits by hand pollinating.
            I’m also suffering from cr@py cucurbit year. Never mind the challenge is still fun.

Comment

• Thanks will give them a bit of pollination help. Next year I’m going back to straight green courgettes maybe I’ll have more luck.

Comment

• 1 cucumber spacemaster. Each is only about 4-5” long but decent flavour. Growing well in not particularly big pot outside and getting 2 per week which is perfect for us.
                5 cucumber total so far
                3 yellow courgette

Comment

• 4 Courgettes - 2 yellow, 2 green

Totals -
                  Beth Alpha Cucumbers - 16

Green Courgettes - 46 +2 = 48
                  Yellow Courgettes - 15 + 2 = 17

Comment

• You know what I love about squashes? It's the secret babies. The ones you didn't know about, hidden in the undergrowth, that you discover by accident... ��

Comment

• I was really going to be organised and keep count but I've already told a couple of neighbours to help themselves to courgettes whenever they wish and the bigger escapees are been given to a neighbours hens.

Name:	20190803_101117.jpg
Size:	216.9 KB
ID:	2384876
                      So I've lost count.

Comment

• Pattypans are coming on, and got some possible butternut squash. The green courgette plant is the only one to let the side down.

Comment

• Courgettes - 2 green
                          Cucumbers - 3

Totals -
                          Beth Alpha Cucumbers - 16 + 3 = 19

Green Courgettes - 48 +2 = 50
                          Yellow Courgettes - 17

Comment

• 4 courgettes today

Courgettes
                            Tondo di Piacenza 3+1=4
                            Just Courgette on packet 19+1=20
                            Romanesco 38+3=41

Beth Alpha cuc 7+1=8
                            Tasty green burpless 1
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Look! Look!!!

Name:	IMG_20190805_095217-2340x3120.jpg
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	2384896

Comment

• Yesterday 1 good sized tromboncino, enough to feed 4 with some left over for tonight’s tea.

Total
                                2 round courgette
                                3 cucumber
                                9 tromboncino

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X