No announcement yet.

2019 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know I haven't been around much, but I had to show you guys this... monster... I've grown!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Trombo-41-inch.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	153.3 KB
ID:	2385309

A rough measure shows it to be around 41 inches. Measured on the outer curve, it's around 47"! Didn't measure the girth of this one but I think it's around 14"-15"...

Which is less than monster no. 2's girth

Name:	trombo-monster-2-girth.jpg
Size:	99.7 KB
ID:	2385310

Here they are, side by side.

Name:	trombo-monsters-1-and-2.jpg
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	2385311

Comment

• Oooh nice Runtpuppy!
      https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Well now those monsters make my latest offering quick pathetic!

Name:	438F0533-5DD8-4905-B7B8-41F0A71C007E.jpg
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	2385312

26” long, 568g

Comment

• disaster for me, i lost all my trombo plants to the weather
          sigpic

Comment

• MWB when you grow them next year try and find them in a sheltered sunny spot and as they seem to grow better with some heat keep them warm by covering with fleece and as can be seen in the photo from Nicos they grow extremely well in a Co mpost heap, as for the wine bottle I am not sure whither Nicos sits having a tipple while watching them grow or if rubbing wine onto them makes them grow bigger
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Thanks, Sariss!

SP, I have been visiting the allotment almost as much as I've been visiting here... those two just got lucky and got to grow unsupervised and unchecked! They are almost yellow.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	486E5D38-6321-48D9-840D-54A640CE0F2C.jpg
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	2385350
                Well here’s my poor effort but hey better then the 0 I was predicting I’d manage to grow!!

Comment

• Today I decided to pull the rest of my trombos as one or two were showing a touch of yellow which means they are starting to go soft, as now doubt most of you will know they are at their best when hard so I Wiltshire some into the fridge and make some soup with the others

Name:	IMG_20190922_134155_hdr.jpg
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	2385363

I am going to try making the soup with some ham stock as OH has some after cooking a ham in the oven, have never tried it with a ham stock so will let you know if I like it
                  Last edited by rary; 22-09-2019, 12:53 PM.
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Here we go again with auto correct
                    I will put some in the fridge dear knows how the Wiltshire came up

Comment

• Just to let you know the soup that I made was very nice, well at least I thought so I basted (I had read that word in a cookery book, but to me it's just the same as frying) an onion in butter then added the sliced trombo turned the heat right down and sweated? it for 5 minutes (let it cook in its own juice) added the juice from the cooked ham along with some water, boiled it for 20 minutes then liquidised it and as I have said it was nice but think I prefer it with a vegetable or chicken stock

Comment

• Was out checking the garden today to see if there was any damage after the torrential rain and found this one that I had missed while removing the plantClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190927_170344_hdr.jpg
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	2385393

It looks a lot bigger when held in the hand

Name:	IMG_20190927_170302_hdr.jpg
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2385394

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                          It looks a lot bigger when held in the hand
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]88943[/ATTACH]
                          Not the first time I've heard that! LOL
                          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• That reminds me: my granddaughter and I harvested these two on Monday. I took the picture then forgot about it.

She didn't seem very interested though. Maybe next year!

Name:	IMG_20190923_141837 Tromba.jpg
Size:	70.4 KB
ID:	2385395
                            My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                            Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X