No announcement yet.

2019 Tromba Competition

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Sarriss I tried some saved seed but got nothing from them, possibly they need to be left on the plant till they are fully mature before collecting the seeds
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Been a tad disappointing this year for trombos, But here are the 2 I am am waiting on.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1567191580852.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	2385169

Name:	1567191581394.jpg
Size:	28.5 KB
ID:	2385170

Name:	1567191576908.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	2385171
      Looks unassuming until you realise the cuke is 10"
      V.P.
      The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• Pulled a couple today and roasted them along with beetroot, carrot, shallots and garlic, all of which went down very well, I have one on the plant that though not very big appears to be quite thick so will see how long it grows before I pull it
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I've pulled my first tromba today, because they taste so much better before they get huge, I think. Lots more coming on the plant too, so I'm very happy - maybe I willl have tromba for tea this year (better than going to the ball lol). I'll weight it tomorrow and take pics
          https://nodigadventures.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Having patiently waited I have been rewarded with these - roasted one last night..... soooooo delicious.

Sorry for the neck ache, haven't a clue how to turn the damn photos.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Angeldon; 03-09-2019, 06:09 PM.

Comment

• Angeldon, looking good.
              Try taking/cropping your photos with a horizontal emphasis, rather than vertical. That should work!

My 2 plants died of neglect so I'm envious of everyone's Trombas.

Comment

• oooh they look nice Angeldon! About the same size as the one I took off the plant the other day, but there's only that one that is big enough to pick yet. I'm not sure I will get any more

Comment

• Think I had 9 plants altogether, and I have managed to get 3 usable trombas

what I did get was nice though, and I will be trying them again next year, probably with a couple of plants in the greenhouse as insurance for a not so great summer

Comment

• I pulled one this morning and while searching through the foliage I have discovered a big thick one nice to see as I thought that it was just small ones I would be pulling this year which would have been a disappointment as I am not used to that

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                      My 2 plants died of neglect so I'm envious of everyone's Trombas.
                      VC if you need any advice just say after all that's one of the nice things about on here we like to help oneanother and it gives a sence of satisfaction when us younger ones can help the elderly

Comment

• Here is a photo of the one I was talking about in #219 though, as I said not very long it has a good thickness which I am sure would please some of you

Name:	IMG_20190908_193432_hdr.jpg
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	2385267 I had to wait till OH wasn't about as she would want to know where the fifty pence piece came from as I always tell her I am skint anyway as it came out of her purse possibly she would have wanted it back

Comment

• Well my 2 have been harvested which brings me to a total of 6 from 3 plants this year. What I have tasted have been great, but they just haven't done as well as the last couple of years. Still, ordered more seeds for next year!
                          V.P.
                          The thing I grow best are very large slugs!

Comment

• This will be the family Christmas soup

Name:	IMG_20190912_124359_hdr.jpg
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	2385281Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190912_124405_hdr.jpg
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	2385282
                            Not as big nor as heavy ad last year but considering the weather good enough

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1550.jpg
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	2385288

These are my two largest at 5 kg 410 g and 5 kg 310 g !!!!
                              Both were grown directly in the compost heap and regularly watered
                              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Wow, they're different Nicos! What variety are they? At that weight, they must be bigger than they seem in the picture, or really, really solid lol

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X