This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by burnie View Post
    So apart from Cayenne, what other chillies grow like weeds?
    Aji Omnicolor did brilliantly for me this year; good germination, grew quite quickly, early to flower, good set rate and don't take as long to ripen as some other baccatums. Add to that the plant is attractive looking, hardy enough to go outdoors (not sure about where you are but I'm at altitude in the Pennines) and I think it's a winner.

Comment

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
      No problem...hadn't realised the Basque ones were the same!
      I think the confusion arises because Espelette is a protected name under European law (protected designation of origin, or some such.) It's like you can't call your sparkling wine Champagne unless it comes from the Champagne region of France - you have to call it "methode champagnoise" or stuff like that. The pepper has to be grown in the specified region to legally be called an Espelette. Therefore peppers from Espelette seeds, grown elsewhere, are usually called Basque peppers, although a lot of people still (illegally?) call them Espelette.

Comment

^^^^^that'll be me then!...ooops!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

VC, has sent in a few packs of unwanted chilli seeds, there maybe only 15seeds per pack but I will share out between us (unless you don't want them - please tell me)
          There's basket of fire, joes long, and a peper beginning with a P (will let you know tomorrow , I've forgotten)

Thank you VC - such a super star!

Comment

nice, thanks VC...joes long sound good.

Comment

Originally posted by Ms-T View Post
              nice, thanks VC...joes long sound good.
              That's what I thought

Comment

Excellent , ty VC. sew a whole packet of Joes from suttons and didnt get one plant .

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                  Any grape in the circle that fancies some seeds from the VSP - chilli or Tom - please request on this thread and put a note in your pack and I will add them in too. The VSP seeds are getting a little dated and would be best sown now - indeed germination rates (especially chillies) may be poor.
                  Hi Scarlet, I quite fancy growing tomatoes next year so would it be possible to get some VSP tomato seeds or would I have to put some in to the VSP first? I have a few costoluto fiorentino seeds I could contribute but not very many of them.

Comment

Thanks VC👍

My Long Green Buddha are ready and will send on when tomato seeds are ready..

Thanks again Scarlet..
                    I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitzi View Post
                      Hi Scarlet, I quite fancy growing tomatoes next year so would it be possible to get some VSP tomato seeds or would I have to put some in to the VSP first? I have a few costoluto fiorentino seeds I could contribute but not very many of them.
                      Just send in your list....if you do well. Send some saved seeds back next year go keep the variety going.

Comment

Hi Scarlet ,toms and chilli seeds are in the post box....

Comment

Thank you muchly Ms T

Comment

Seeds posted today
                            I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                            sigpic

Comment

Mine were posted Friday, should have arrived by now?

Comment

They weren't here yesterday Mitzi....I'm not good at checking my postbox I've been out all day,..I'll look in the morning. I'm sure they will be there.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X