Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flower of the Day for a year - a Challenge!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Flower is a Babington leek (perennial). Each of the little brown Bulbils beneath the flowers will grow into another leek. I usually let them fall off in situ to increase the size of the clump.
    Its alongside a going-to-seed Foxglove.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9930.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	2379720

Comment

• Originally posted by HoneyChild View Post
      Am I the only one who dead heads hypericum flowers? I've got loads still to come!
      The berries are much prettier than the flowers and are fabulous as “something different” in a flower bouquet/vase and are very long lasting

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        My flower is this striking Aquilegia. It must have a name but I've no idea what (maybe Magpie?). Definitely going to save seeds if I can.
        I think it’s William Guiness. I grew some from seed one year and returns every year. I love it!

edit!! Aka - Magpie - you learn something every day!
        Last edited by Scarlet; 29-07-2018, 02:34 PM.

Comment

• As I’ve been celebrating the last few day! I’ve mussed this...though I’ve just taken a walk around the garden and decided I’ll give you 3 photos

A collection of roses - repeat flowering. I thinks it’s been a good year for the rose.

Name:	ACCDA4D1-57A9-44DC-B08B-4B89A60C9065.jpg
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	2379722

Name:	77087CDB-0E6A-451D-98BC-757310E3287F.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	2379723

Name:	66F6DAA1-8E6A-43DB-BC87-2BC265659ED0.jpg
Size:	89.6 KB
ID:	2379724

Comment

• Apparently, William Guinness 's common name is Magpie - thanks for the confirmation.

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
              Apparently, William Guinness 's common name is Magpie - thanks for the confirmation.
              I looked it up just before you posted! Why do they have to give them a second name!

Comment

• Today my flower of the day is a fuchsia, the name is in the tub somewhere but don't want to damage the plant looking for it

Name:	IMG_20180728_161259_hdr.jpg
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	2379735
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sage macrophillia today. Semi hardy shrub which comes easily from seed. Most of my seed has been pinched from the communal flower tubs!!
                  Attached Files
                  Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• My flower is a pink Echinacea, bought as plugs last year. This is their first year of flowering.

Name:	DSCF9921.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	163.4 KB
ID:	2379746 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9922.jpg
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	2379747

Comment

• I’m posting two today - I’ve already posted this dahlia once before but I have to show it off again - it’s just perfect!

Name:	C0B20FF4-5E05-4994-992E-0D3962ABCB03.jpg
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	2379748

Comment

• My flower for the day is this - I thought it was Veronica, but my Veronica flowered a few weeks back and has much smaller flowers than this, the “bells” are larger. Maybe in the Veronica family? Bees love it!

Name:	95A2B432-6EA3-4B2E-B317-C53451D71899.jpg
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	2379749

You can just see the little bee!

Name:	62693D40-0AA0-43DA-BF89-1BCB53854895.jpg
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	2379750
                        Last edited by Scarlet; 30-07-2018, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• Looks like a plant that I know as obediant plant, Physoslegia Virginiana. If you gently push the flowers round on the stem they will stay there. Giggled it to find the Latin name!!
                          Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• My flower of the day. Is a trailing geranium

Name:	IMG_20180728_161138_hdr.jpg
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	2379758

And as I really missed yesterday here's an other geraniumClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_161126_hdr.jpg
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	2379759
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Phlox, I have lots of different colors but they are really struggling in this heat.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• My flower is a dwarf sea holly - Eryngium planum "Blue Hobbit".
                                Its tiny - hope it grows a teeny bit taller or I'll be stepping on it! Planted last year as a plug - first time I've seen it flowering.

Name:	DSCF9926.jpg
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	2379762

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X