Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flower of the Day for a year - a Challenge!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My flower of the day is begonia semperflorens, I have posted three different colours
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180724_085619_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	2379609

Name:	IMG_20180724_085606_hdr.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	2379610

Name:	IMG_20180724_085556_hdr.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	2379611
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• In love with this one this morning - sorry couldn’t wait to take the photo so it has s little morning shade!
      Totally Tangerine - beautiful!

Name:	3DC2BE74-4DFB-47C3-9031-B79908BDC54A.jpg
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	2379613

Comment

• Scarlet a very nice flower but what kind is it? looks like a dahlia and if so do you know the variety?
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          Scarlet a very nice flower but what kind is it? looks like a dahlia and if so do you know the variety?
          Yes, sorry, it’s a Dalia -variety - Totally Tangerine

A better pic

Name:	06956642-68C7-4648-A4AE-1692E66F7C30.jpg
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	2379617

Info from the Peter Nysen website :

“Pinkish orange with a tangerine centre. Dahlia Totally Tangerine is an anemone flowered dahlia, single petals surround a fully double centre, the reverse of the petals is rose-pink giving added contrast. A pretty recent introduction”

Plant height approx 2ft

I’m hoping to take cuttings of these next year - never tried cuttings. Always just separated the bulbs....perhaps we could try a swap Rary if I manage to grow some more!
          Last edited by Scarlet; 24-07-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Kanuta for me today, really good bee and butterfly plant.
            Attached Files
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Yes, sorry, it’s a Dalia -variety - Totally Tangerine

A better pic
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]82028[/ATTACH]
              I’m hoping to take cuttings of these next year - never tried cuttings. Always just separated the bulbs....perhaps we could try a swap Rary if I manage to grow some more!
              That would be very nice, now need to think on what I have that you would like, just give me a day to think on it
              Last edited by rary; 25-07-2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

• My Flower of the Day today is calendula marigolds, looks very similar to a French/African marigolds.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by rary; 25-07-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

• I am having problems loading photos today as I wanted to load a French marigold as a comparison so will try it now
                  Attached Files

Comment

• And here's one for Scarlet, same plant looks the same flower but a different day

Name:	IMG_20180724_203316_hdr.jpg
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	2379634

Comment

• That must be a big plant Rary - you probably wouldn’t miss a few cuttings taken off it

A rose for me today
                      Carolyn Knight - second flush of flowers a lovely peach colour, though they seem paler than the first flush.

Name:	F8E3FEFE-7793-4BA5-B83D-FC8AAF0C4D01.jpg
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	2379635
                      Last edited by Scarlet; 25-07-2018, 08:25 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                        I am having problems loading photos today
                        What’s the problem?

Comment

• ^^^^ Nothing to do with the Vine, its my kindle I keep getting a message- not enough memory for this, and I have enough problems with memory without any from a kindle
                          As for your rose which looks very nice, is it one of Austin's Old English?

Comment

• Yes, it’s a David Austin shrub rose - interestingly they say the colour is soft gold, the buds being apricot.It has a lovely fragrance and repeat flowers so it’s a winner for me

https://www.davidaustinroses.co.uk/carolyn-knight

Comment

• ^^^^^Very nice I like those roses though have never had success with David Austin roses they don't do well in a wet cold climate

Comment

• Wiltshire has very good weather and my garden is South facing so I get some good sun. Not brilliant for. Gardening in this weather though as it rarely gets shade. Been doing my chores early morning.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X