Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flower of the Day for a year - a Challenge!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheery little thing for today, Rudebekia Goldstrum, perennial and really tough will take all sorts of situations and to complain.
    Attached Files
    Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• My flower of it he day today again is an Oriental LilyClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180726_134410_hdr.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	2379665
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Flower of my day is dahlia again but it’s a different colour & looks pretty,they’ve never been stripy before (I think they’ve only been in two maybe three years). -

Click image for larger version

Name:	8F5CF72A-922F-43BB-BF18-2EE881355628.jpg
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	2379668

Comment

• Since I was AWOL yesterday here are 2 pansies for yesterday and today

Name:	DSCF9914.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	2379670 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF9917.JPG
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	2379671

Comment

• Sticking with the daisy theme, Echanechia.
            Attached Files
            Gardening requires a lot of water - most of it in the form of perspiration. Lou Erickson, critic and poet

Comment

• My flower of the day today is an Oriental lily

Name:	IMG_20180727_160709_hdr.jpg
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	2379683
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• I have no idea what this but it grows on a vacant plot....very nice blue and the bees love it

Name:	20180727_133821_resized.jpg
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	2379685

Comment

• ^^^^^ I think its echinops, globe thistle

Comment

• My flower is this striking Aquilegia. It must have a name but I've no idea what (maybe Magpie?). Definitely going to save seeds if I can.

Name:	DSCF9919.jpg
Size:	85.6 KB
ID:	2379690
                    Last edited by veggiechicken; 27-07-2018, 08:12 PM.

Comment

• I’m going all fluffy! Liatris spicita, the only plant that I know that flowers from the top down.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• My flower of the day is a... lily, a plantain lily or some may call it a hosta lilyClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180728_161324_hdr.jpg
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	2379710

Comment

• My flower is a shrub - one of the Hypericum family. Its very popular with bees and other insects.
                          This is one of the last flowers as all the rest have turned to seedpods.
                          Thought I'd better post it now - otherwise I'd have to wait for next year!!

Name:	DSCF9924.JPG
Size:	242.0 KB
ID:	2379711

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            My flower is a shrub - one of the Hypericum family. Its very popular with bees and other insects.
                            This is one of the last flowers as all the rest have turned to seedpods.
                            Thought I'd better post it now - otherwise I'd have to wait for next year!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]82131[/ATTACH]
                            Am I the only one who dead heads hypericum flowers? I've got loads still to come!

Comment

• I'd be there all week, deadheading it. I can't even reach the top of the bush!
                              I like the seedheads/berries too.

Comment

• Today it’s Borage, once you have got it you will never be without it!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X